DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect

mulemanSok

Reactions
Okay guys...I'm 65years old, I don't have a computer. I didn't grow up with them and know very little about them.
I just got a brand new Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo.
I had an I phone 6...absolutely could not connect...did not have enough storage to download updates or DJI App.
I went and bought a brand new Samsung Note 8...according to some, the best phone on the market...it
certainly should fly this drone!It has 46GB available, of the original 64GB.
I have tried numerous times to link it with aircraft. Up to this point, the aircraft and controller connect to each other , but not to the phone/DJI App!....I am lost, I have watched many videos and read many articles on trouble shooting connectivity problems...tried many of their suggestions...all to no avail!
I tried getting on DJI App again today ...and hit the back arrow once, and "not enough storage" comes up! It says to free up space... when I go to storage, it shows 46GB avaikable.
I live southeast of Kansas City, Mo. about 65 miles. I would happily drive up to 500 miles one way to accept help from any of you who can help...
I have had this thing for a week and still unable to fly !

PLEASE HELP AN OLD MAN OUT OF THE STONE AGE ...AND INTO STAR TREK TIMES!!!![emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Reactions: WAXMAN
Okay guys...I'm 65years old, I don't have a computer. I didn't grow up with them and know very little about them.
I had an I phone 6...absolutely could not connect...did not have enough storage to download updates or DJI App.
I went and bought a brand new Samsung Note 8...according to some, the best phone on the market...it
I have tried numerous times to link it with aircraft. Up to this point, the aircraft and controller connect to each other , but not to the phone/DJI App!....I am lost, I have watched many videos and read many articles on trouble shooting connectivity problems...tried many of their suggestions...all to no avail!
I tried getting on DJI App again today ...and hit the back arrow once, and "not enough storage" comes up! It says to free up space... when I go to storage, it shows 46GB avaikable.
I live southeast of Kansas City, Mo. about 65 miles. I would happily drive up to 500 miles one way to accept help from any of you who can help...

PLEASE HELP AN OLD MAN OUT OF THE STONE AGE ...AND INTO STAR TREK TIMES!!!![emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Silly questions but, when you open DJI GO 4, does the correct drone display? Meaning it shows a picture of the Mavic and NOT the spark, phantom, etc.?

If the wrong picture displays then you need to tell DJI GO to connect to correct drone. I don't know that process at my fingertips but, it's easy.

Secondly, which port on the RC are you using to connect to your device? If you are using the USB under the phone support arms make sure you unplug the cable on the side of the RC. If you don't it may not pick up what's connected under the support arms.

Which version of DJi Go4 are you using...If I understand correctly version .18 can be a little flakey with Android phones.

I was having very similar, frustrating issues getting the aircraft to connect to the app.. What finally worked for me, as suggested by someone else, was to turn on the Mavic, turn on the rc, plug in the phone with the provided cable, THEN plug the cable into the side of the remote. Also I would get a prompt asking me if I wanted to allow data, or charge only. I selected charge only. I haven't had a problem since.

If you need help loading a previous version of the app (.15) we can help you out with that as well. Im confident someone will be able to get you up in the air soon.

Reactions: mulemanSok
Just a guess here...sounds like they aren't paired together correctly. I believe you had to scan the barcode on the Mavic Pro using the DJI Go 4 app, did you do this? Click on the 3 little lines in the opening screen of the app then select "Scan QR Code". You will then scan the serial number code in the battery compartment with your phone.

1. Slide your phone between the controller clamps.

2. Plug the connector from thee control into the socket on your phone.

3. Switch your controller on

4. Swith your Mavic on (MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE CLEAR PLASTIC GIMBAL CLAMP. BEFORE YOU SWITCH THE MAVIC ON. Slide it out from behind the camera. Be very careful as the camera is fragile. Simply squeeze the sides of it with you pointer finger and thumb and gently pull downward.

5. Your Dji go app should automatically initiate at this point and load onto your phone screen.
If it doesn't, simply press the dji go 4 app icon to initiate it.

6. Select the picture of the Mavic on the app. There will be a few different images of different models, phantom inspire etc. Make sure you select Mavic image.

7. Select "Go fly" at bottom right of the screen.

YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO AT THIS POINT.

I hope this help you out my friend.
Silly questions but, when you open DJI GO 4, does the correct drone display? Meaning it shows a picture of the Mavic and NOT the spark, phantom, etc.?

If the wrong picture displays then you need to tell DJI GO to connect to correct drone. I don't know that process at my fingertips but, it's easy.

Secondly, which port on the RC are you using to connect to your device? If you are using the USB under the phone support arms make sure you unplug the cable on the side of the RC. If you don't it may not pick up what's connected under the support arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: james_mav
With all Android phones and using DJI Go4 app you need to activate "Developer Options" in Settings and then in Developer Options turn on USB Debugging.
Look up utube how to allow "Developer Options" on Android.
This allows the USB port to see the Mavic Controller Video and and data signals.
Otherwise you will have constant not connected or disconects.

With all Android phones and using DJI Go4 app you need to activate "Developer Options" in Settings and then in Developer Options turn on USB Debugging.
This allows the USB port to see the Mavic Controller Video and and data signals.
I have a Samsung S7 Edge and I have not had to do this.

H
I have a Samsung S7 Edge and I have not had to do this.

It opens to Spark, but I switch to Mavic each time...plus, did the otber stuff correctly also, switch on RC, plug ouf on the side when I tried different cable inUSB port...

Which version of DJi Go4 are you using...If I understand correctly version .18 can be a little flakey with Android phones.

I was having very similar, frustrating issues getting the aircraft to connect to the app.. What finally worked for me, as suggested by someone else, was to turn on the Mavic, turn on the rc, plug in the phone with the provided cable, THEN plug the cable into the side of the remote. Also I would get a prompt asking me if I wanted to allow data, or charge only. I selected charge only. I haven't had a problem since.

If you need help loading a previous version of the app (.15) we can help you out with that as well. Im confident someone will be able to get you up in the air soon.
I believe I downloaded the latest version, however I didn't notice the number. Probabmy going to be Monday before I have time to mess with it more.

Just a guess here...sounds like they aren't paired together correctly. I believe you had to scan the barcode on the Mavic Pro using the DJI Go 4 app, did you do this? Click on the 3 little lines in the opening screen of the app then select "Scan QR Code". You will then scan the serial number code in the battery compartment with your phone.
This is one thing I haven't heard or tried yet...but I will!

Reactions: Studoo
I will try this.

I have now tried to scan bar code numerous times...it won't scan it ... keeps saying incorrect identity or something like that...

Tried this now too...didn't work...

Here's a video that shows how to connect and activate your Mavic in DJI GO:

Reactions: ASM_DJI001

My brother in law had the same issue today with his Samsung phone and new Mavic. Restarted the phone and it connected. Previously, restarting the app only hadn't worked.

Could his problem be with the Control Mode Switch on the Mavic? Page 40 of the manual states that the RC should come paired with the Mavic, but if this for some reason is not the case, would it not create the situation described? Or, if the Control Mode switch was in WiFi, wouldn't that be a problem as well? Page 40 also describes step by step instructions for linking the controller to the Mavic.

Reactions: Oconnb910
Sounds like you need to register/activate your mavic on the go app? Msinger's post/video above nailed that exactly, if it is not activated you will not fly with the app. There are a lot of things mentioned above that people are saying you must do but I can tell you from first hand experience a week and a half ago I did not have to do any of them. Mine once recognized by the app pretty much entered all that was needed automatically besides my personal info. to activate including the serial #. In my experience it was basically an automated system once recognized by the go app. I am on a galaxy note 4 btw, 12 flights, 0 issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev