DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't download media to controller

Grandzab

Reactions
Running all latest firmwares as far as I've been prompted to update.
When I try to download a media either from the mini internal storage or an sd mounted to the drone, I get this error message:
"Downloading files not supported on current remote controller. Connect phone to aircraft to download"

Any idea how this can be done?
F8B5DDC8-7E1E-4604-89F3-109A35DB107A.png
On a side note, can’t seem to get QuickTransfer to work either following the procedure from the manual. Nothing shows up in the DJI fly app on my phone.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Stavros
Same here, pretty annoying as always need to connect aircraft to iPad or Phone, and it will turn off if stay idle too long (just to review photo before copy)

Update : QuickTransfer solved by updating the app to v1.6.1. Somehow the app store had not kept that one up to date.

This video shows that you can at least get high res photos downloaded onto the controller, why can't I?

Reactions: Torque
Update : QuickTransfer solved by updating the app to v1.6.1. Somehow the app store had not kept that one up to date.

This video shows that you can at least get high res photos downloaded onto the controller, why can't I?
The latest App version is 1.6.295C9D048-ABC3-4D67-A5CB-53B452131A5B.jpeg

You can only get the Hi Res images to transfer to the RC controller, any videos to the controller are only the low res ones.

The 4k video has to be taken from the SD card within the drone.

Not sure why your not able to get the images to the controller though.

Anyway I can update the DJI fly app to 1.6.2 on the controller? This might help?
Can't seem to find any option to do so either through the About page in the camera view section or through the Profile page.

Cant really help that much at the moment as mine doesnt arrive till next month but Ill probably do as i always have and take it from the card directly anyway.

Have not compared the user manual to the video below but see if that gives you anything different on the quick transfer section.

DJI First Time Flight Tutorial

*Update*
I ran a factory reset on the controller and connected back to the drone. The first time I browsed the photos on the drone from the controller, I got a pop up telling me that the download button was to download high res photos to the controller. I pressed it and got the same error message.

Strangely, QuickTransfer in DJI fly app on my phone now detects the drone since I updated to 1.6.1, I can browse the photos but every single transfer fails.
Tried on v1.6.1 and v1.6.1, no luck.

So I'm stuck with no download through the controller and no download through QuickTransfer. SD reader works but not ideal..

Same here, I can't download photos to DJI RC. What is SD Card for then?

at this moment the sd is only used for screenshot or screenvideo

If anyone is interested, QuickTransfer works now, but for this, cell data has to be disabled (iPhone).

Downoloading onto the RC still not working.

I am having the same issue. Any update

I'm in the same boat, yet people on the DJI forum are saying they CAN download high res PHOTOS but not videos to the RC. Do we have defective drones?

You can only get the Hi Res images to transfer to the RC controller, any videos to the controller are only the low res ones.

The 4k video has to be taken from the SD card within the drone.

Not sure why your not able to get the images to the controller though.
Not even with photos i can achieve this.

Exactly same here even with the new update
Is ANYONE able to do it is my question? I wonder if some people don't fully understand what we are talking about and believe that merely because they can see the photos on the "drone" from the RC that it is one and the same as seeing them on the "app album."

Any update on this? Got the same error when i download the images from my RC20220701_074348.jpg

If anyone is interested, QuickTransfer works now, but for this, cell data has to be disabled (iPhone).

Downoloading onto the RC still not working.
This is exactly what I found to be true too. I had to put the phone in Airplane mode to get it to work.

I just recorded a video and when I check the sdcard of the drone it is not there, I checked the controller and it is there as low res. How do I get the content of the controller on to the sd card on the controller so I can access on a computer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98