DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't enable a disabled safety feature of the Mini 2

baumnico

Reactions
Hello everybody,

I have a question about a safety feature of the Mini 2. I would consider me as a careful (new) drone pilot but yesterday evening I did something stupid. I wanted to fly the drone indoors and got a safety warning. I don't remember the warning exactly but it was about low light and no GPS signal. Dump AF I clicked on ignore and surely crashed the drone immediately. DJI makes flying drones idiot proof and I crashed it, well done..
Now I want to ask for if somebody of you knows how to turn it on. I've read the manual and checket the whole menu in the app, I can't find a way to turn it back in. It now let me take off the drone without any GPS signal and I don't want that!

Thanks for helping me! :)

Hello everybody,

I have a question about a safety feature of the Mini 2. I would consider me as a careful (new) drone pilot but yesterday evening I did something stupid. I wanted to fly the drone indoors and got a safety warning. I don't remember the warning exactly but it was about low light and no GPS signal. Dump AF I clicked on ignore and surely crashed the drone immediately. DJI makes flying drones idiot proof and I crashed it, well done..
Now I want to ask for if somebody of you knows how to turn it on. I've read the manual and checket the whole menu in the app, I can't find a way to turn it back in. It now let me take off the drone without any GPS signal and I don't want that!

You did not turn off anything , it just means that you ignored the warning that you did not have a valid GPS lock and were about to fly In Atti mode. You need at min 7 Satellites to be able to take off with GPS but not to just Start the motors.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: A.O. and baumnico
You did not turn off anything , it just means that you ignored the warning that you did not have a valid GPS lock and were about to fly In Atti mode. You need at min 7 Satellites to be able to take off with GPS but not to just Start the motors.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
Thanks for your reply! Is there a way activate the warning again?

Thanks for your reply! Is there a way activate the warning again?
You should get that warning if you were to try it again, Warning dont get shut off but they do get ignored once they pop up. Remember you got two warning GPS and Low Light you would need to repeat under the same lighting conditions. But that warning is going to happen a lot as you fly at dusk the low light.

That is not why you crashed, You just had no GPS to keep you stable in position.
Flying without the help of the GPS is very tricky and requires a lot of skills.

I fly mine indoors, very carefully. You don't need a GPS while airborne. Just watch any warnings and fly with extreme care and you will be ok

You should get that warning if you were to try it again, Warning dont get shut off but they do get ignored once they pop up. Remember you got two warning GPS and Low Light you would need to repeat under the same lighting conditions. But that warning is going to happen a lot as you fly at dusk the low light.

That is not why you crashed, You just had no GPS to keep you stable in position.
Flying without the help of the GPS is very tricky and requires a lot of skills.
My solution to flying indoors is a Tello with prop guards. It is inexpensive, doesn't mind crashing, won't ruin walls, and satisfies the urge to do something stupid.

@baumnico ,the drone requires one of two things to hold position one is GPS and you did not have that ,the other is the downwards sensors need a contrasting surface to lock on to and you didnt have that as it was too dark
when you took off the drone responded to the prop wash from the surroundings and just moved till it collided with some fixed object, it was in what we call ATTI mode and in this mode it has no braking and is very difficult to control without a lot of practice
never ignore the warnings that appear on the screen or your drone will not last long

To fly indoors you need an extremely bright room so that the VPS (vision positioning system) has enough light to work effectively when you don't have GPS, so I would be turning on every ligth and opening all the blinds (daytime).

Hello everybody,

What is Dump AF?
Cheers Janset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu