DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't find Mavic Pro battery suppliers, please share your finds

KylethePilot

Reactions
Hey,

I've done a search for where to buy batteries for my Mavic Pro in this forum and elsewhere.

I'd preferred to buy new batteries from an authorized seller, but that's obviously not possible. I'm in disbelief that DJI would just stop making batteries for such an expensive drone - this will be my last DJI based on that /rant).

What other drone model batteries are compatible with the Mavic Pro? Platinum is not available. Are there others? I wouldn't mind buying one with more flying time if it's available.

PowerExtra was listed as a possible alternative. I don't know anything about this brand, but I'm usually wary of 3rd-party resellers, however I may not have a choice?

Thanks for any guidance.

Reactions: mereflyer
If it is any comfort, I just bought a used ebay Mavic Pro despite being aware that OEM DJI batteries are no longer available. There is a guy in this forum whose Mavic Pro has covered over 7,000 cumulative miles, and he uses non-DJI batteries, so if they are good enough for that kind of longevity, Bob's yer uncle.

Go for Power Extra batteries if they are the ones with the best user reviews, and you'll find that your worries were misplaced. I will eat a bug live on Youtube if you have any problems at all with the most reputable aftermarket batteries for your Mavic Pro.

The consensus on this forum seems to be if I have to buy aftermarket batteries to go with the PowerExtra brand. I just saw a review and the flight time was only 21 minutes to 0%. That doesn't seem like much.

Reason for needing a new battery is the OEM I purchased, lasted less than 10 flights before I noticed swelling after a flight (I kept the battery generally discharged and in an air conditioned room). Maybe it was the Florida heat killing it or just a bad battery.

No reason to eat a live bug though :).

The consensus on this forum seems to be if I have to buy aftermarket batteries to go with the PowerExtra brand. I just saw a review and the flight time was only 21 minutes to 0%. That doesn't seem like much.

Reason for needing a new battery is the OEM I purchased, lasted less than 10 flights before I noticed swelling after a flight (I kept the battery generally discharged and in an air conditioned room). Maybe it was the Florida heat killing it or just a bad battery.

No reason to eat a live bug though :).

Just get one and try it, no choice really :confused:

I'm in disbelief that DJI would just stop making batteries for such an expensive drone - this will be my last DJI based on that /rant).

I'm of the same feelings re this, they did it with the Spark, then the M1P / MPP, how long for M2 and MA owners, and further on in coming years ?
Can't trust them again.
Every drone has a different battery in new models, could be understandable in some major model changes, but it could also be possible to use previous models . . . obvious reason $$$$.

Just get one and try it, no choice really
I have ordered a PowerExtra battery - at least those are still being sold, but it's only a matter of time before they are not profitable as there will be less Mavic Pro's around, yikes.

I'm of the same feelings re this, they did it with the Spark, then the M1P / MPP, how long for M2 and MA owners, and further on in coming years ?
Can't trust them again.
Every drone has a different battery in new models, could be understandable in some major model changes, but it could also be possible to use previous models . . . obvious reason $$$$.

Right! That's a really bad business practice. I understand they change dimensions and specs to meet other helicopter models, but I'd expect parts to be sold for a long time after discontinuing a model. That's how it works for anything else I've ever purchased and needed parts for.

I agree that it's for monetary reasons. It's just a short-term strategy as I'm sure we're not the only disgruntled DJI owners.

Just saw this thread, maybe get onto it . . . not associated with the OP there, seems legit, but 18 posts, just go with caution.
Ask there if anyone's got theirs yet.

Reactions: KylethePilot
In the last few months I have purchased three brand new Dji Mavic Pro batteries from the Dji repair center. And one of these I had to return for a replacement (after its first flight indicated on AirData that one cell exhibited continual major deviations) which they completed quickly which seems to suggest that the Service Department does still have some original Mavic Pro batteries available.

Hey,

I've done a search for where to buy batteries for my Mavic Pro in this forum and elsewhere.

I'd preferred to buy new batteries from an authorized seller, but that's obviously not possible. I'm in disbelief that DJI would just stop making batteries for such an expensive drone - this will be my last DJI based on that /rant).

What other drone model batteries are compatible with the Mavic Pro? Platinum is not available. Are there others? I wouldn't mind buying one with more flying time if it's available.

PowerExtra was listed as a possible alternative. I don't know anything about this brand, but I'm usually wary of 3rd-party resellers, however I may not have a choice?

Thanks for any guidance.
I found this supplier. I've ordered a battery from them, they look genuine enough. Here's the link DJI Mavic Pro battery (3800 mAh, Gray)

I found this supplier. I've ordered a battery from them, they look genuine enough. Here's the link DJI Mavic Pro battery (3800 mAh, Gray)

Ron, nice to see another source, albeit for the UK market most likely.
Those are aftermarket batteries, as noted by the 'gray', and labelling.
They look just like the PowerExtra batteries, probably are made same factory or bought in bulk and rebranded by this supplier.

Hey, thanks a lot guys for all the helpful information. I received the PowerExtra battery and will try it out. I might order another one and try one of the DJI branded linked.

Just a heads-up on the link you sent Wingbotics for anyone else looking to buy. The first review on the seller is a bit discouraging, though I appreciate you sharing:
"1 of them the voltage is not even across 3 cells And that’s the newest. The other is over a year old that’s been sitting on the shelf, that one seems ok so far Since they don’t make them anymore what choice do I have bui to keep them."

Freshness is the key for these kinds of batteries. As far as the PowerExtra, I have 2 of them. Overall they are ok. I’ve been using them for over the past three years although I had logged some complaints about the temperature readings which you can find in the forum here. The rest of my 4 MP batteries is all OEM. They (OEM) are very reliable with normal hobby usage. Two of the OEMs were purchased from eBay brand new though they may not be from the same seller as the link I posted above.

If you find OEMs and just buy them for future use, yes you should straight away bring them into the cycle of use with existing batteries.
No good leaving them as back ups, sitting around they will possibly be affected longer term, a year or more ?

I have still got my original flymore batts (2017), still perfect, bought a 4th maybe a year later, and when I saw them becoming rare a couple of years ago, I bought what I think were the last 2 in Australia.
Labelled 1 to 6, they all get charged in sequence in turn, as many as I want to take out flying (or think I'll fly), the rest just stay at the discharge voltage awaiting their turn.

Reactions: Wilbur
I own two MP's bought batteries from Amazon 6 months ago.

i,m just about done with dji there in it for the money and not for customers just more reasons to by USA

JUST FOUND SOME ON AMAZONView attachment 129528

I am pretty sure with that pricing they would have to be aftermarket ?
Those are possibly US$ shown, even so that is well under what they retailed for.

They certainly LOOK like genuine, but can't see the ads in detail without a link, which is where one might pick up on genuine or copies.

Camzilla in Australia are showing some available online.

AUD$239 (that's about US$185) for one battery, talk about milking people on possibly the last stock around.

Glad I have 6 as new in the bag, but yeah one day the M1P will be hung up on the wall for decoration.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42