DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't read logfile M2P in DJI Assistant

Kanchenjunga

Reactions
Hi I downloaded the right DJI Assisant on my Macbook Pro. However, I see my P2P is connected. The assistant doens't show my flightlog nor can I epxort them to my Macbook. Any suggestions ?
Thx in advance, André (Belgium)

Hi there, welcome to the forum ? :D

You can read all about flight logs here --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

And those Aircraft logs you are trying to retrieve is of no use to you ... from the M2P they are all encrypted & can only be read by DJI ... the ones you can use are in the mobile device you flew with. (TXT & DAT logs)

From the link above:

2. LOG FILE TYPES

Mobile device DJI TXT logs

These logs are created by the standard DJI SDK and run from motor start to motor stop (or signal loss), recording telemetry transmitted from the aircraft to the RC at 10 Hz in a few hundred data fields. These logs don't include any raw sensor data - only the IMU solutions that are the output from the sensor fusion algorithm. They also include battery data, gimbal and camera data, flight status and error flags, but no motor data.

They are often all that is needed for analysis of simple events, but the lack of raw sensor data makes it difficult to identify exact causes if there are IMU problems, and the lack of motor data is a problem when there are propulsion issues. Additionally, the relatively slow data rate and a couple of tenths of a second latency means that events rapidly followed by aircraft shutdown (e.g. many crashes) are not recorded.

Aircraft DAT files

These contain the most comprehensive data, logged at the highest rates. A DAT file is started at aircraft power up and continued until power down, and includes numerous boot sequence, sensor calibration and diagnostic data in the flight event stream. There are also hundreds of data fields, many of which are flags or diagnostic computations of unknown types, probably understood only by DJI. However, among these are the raw and processed sensor data and the IMU solution for aircraft attitude, position, velocity and heading, together with battery and motor data, recorded at rates varying from 5 Hz to 200 Hz. These data are very valuable for diagnosing flight control problems. The files exist independent of the mobile device control app being used.

Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2 and Mavic Mini) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 app)

These contain a subset of the aircraft DAT files, including most of the raw sensor data, recorded at a lower data rate of 10 Hz. They are also started at aircraft power up and closed at aircraft shutdown, provided that the app is connected - otherwise it will be the subset of that duration when the app is connected. Not as good as the aircraft DAT files, but nearly as good for most needs, and always available if the control app is DJI GO 4. DAT files are not created when using Litchi or other third party control apps.

Mobile device third-party control app log files

Third-party control apps, such as Litchi, create their own custom log files in various formats using the DJI SDK, generally in CSV format. None that I have seen are as comprehensive as the DJI TXT log, let alone the DJI DAT log.

Since Litchi is probably the most common third-party app, it's worth noting that, under iOS and Android, Litchi creates its own CSV log and a standard DJI TXT log in a separate directory. No DAT file though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329