DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't watch flights in Flight record on Crystalsky 5.5

DJI DIANA RESPONSE CRYSTALSKY UPDATE.JPG
Alright, FYI folks. I called DJI support and described the problem. They said this was the first report of such an issue (I told them I didn’t think that was true) and put me on hold a number of times until they finally arranged a call back from a tech advisor. The advisor recommended things listed in this thread but also had me reload the app and recalibrate the compass before trying to view the flight records. That didn’t work so they are having me send it in for repair...uh oh.

So, I’m back to using my iPhone X.

BTW, had a disconnect message today with the CS and also had one with my iPhone. First time I’ve seen those, but I’ve seen reports of this happening. Fortunately I was just flying short distances and at low altitudes. And, even though the message said ‘aircraft disconnected’, I was able to fly it back to me and land. Always something I guess.
Gerry65, this is what DJI Dianna posted on their forum in regards to the CrystalSky flight log problem. They never said anything to me about sending in my CS.

Reactions: davemorts
Oy vey. Just sent mine in yesterday. Didn’t really think it could be a hardware kinda issue. They must have delved deeper into it. Oh well, thanks for supplying me with that info. I wonder what they’ll do with mine

Oy vey. Just sent mine in yesterday. Didn’t really think it could be a hardware kinda issue. They must have delved deeper into it. Oh well, thanks for supplying me with that info. I wonder what they’ll do with mine
Gerry65, will you keep me posted and let me know what they did?, or do to your CrystalSky? I called support and they told me I had two choices. Send it in or wait for a update. Well I am thinking they will just hold on to my Crystalsky until there is a new update, then update it and send it back to me. I told them I will wait for the update as I will use my tablet if necessary to view flight logs. DJI told a friend of mine today with the same problem, they "DJI" haven't even heard of problems with the flight log not working, or recording. What a sham!! Any way thanks!!

I think I will wait for the promised update an view my view flights on my tab or phone.

Yes, that is what I'm going to do. I waited all Winter to fly, and now that the weather is shaping up I don't want to send my CrystalSky in so DJI will have it all summer "or most of the summer".

I think I will wait for the promised update an view my view flights on my tab or phone.
I would’ve waited if I’d been given that option. Who knows how long they’ll have mine. They’ll probably use it as a guinea pig. I’ll periodically be checking on the repair status and will post anything I learn back here.
Yes, that is what I'm going to do. I waited all Winter to fly, and now that the weather is shaping up I don't want to send my CrystalSky in so DJI will have it all summer "or most of the summer".
Exactly. Good point.

Gerry65, will you keep me posted and let me know what they did?, or do to your CrystalSky?
FYI, sent CS in on 5/1. Got notified today that it qualifies for repair under warranty and that it will be repaired or replaced in the next 3-6 business days. We shall see.

FYI, sent CS in on 5/1. Got notified today that it qualifies for repair under warranty and that it will be repaired or replaced in the next 3-6 business days. We shall see.
Thanks Gerry65, if you could please let me know when you get it back I would appreciate it greatly, again thanks for the update.

Thanks Gerry65, if you could please let me know when you get it back I would appreciate it greatly, again thanks for the update.
Got another notice today that my CS has been repaired and will be shipped back to me within 3 business days. So, that didn’t take too long, I guess. I checked the repair status page hoping that they would’ve described the “repair”, but there was no such information posted there. Hopefully they’ll be an update soon for you folks with this issue.

Reactions: TOMWOLVES
Got another notice today that my CS has been repaired and will be shipped back to me within 3 business days. So, that didn’t take too long, I guess. I checked the repair status page hoping that they would’ve described the “repair”, but there was no such information posted there. Hopefully they’ll be an update soon for you folks with this issue.
I was on the phone with DJI support today. I'm sending mine in tomorrow to be hopefully fixed. Sure am curious as to what they "fixed"?? You will know when you get yours back if indeed it is fixed, hopefully the flight log will work as intended. thank you for the updates. I can go without my CrystalSky a couple of weeks or so. Have a great day Gerry65.

Alright, FYI folks. I called DJI support and described the problem. They said this was the first report of such an issue (I told them I didn’t think that was true) and put me on hold a number of times until they finally arranged a call back from a tech advisor. The advisor recommended things listed in this thread but also had me reload the app and recalibrate the compass before trying to view the flight records. That didn’t work so they are having me send it in for repair...uh oh.

So, I’m back to using my iPhone X.

BTW, had a disconnect message today with the CS and also had one with my iPhone. First time I’ve seen those, but I’ve seen reports of this happening. Fortunately I was just flying short distances and at low altitudes. And, even though the message said ‘aircraft disconnected’, I was able to fly it back to me and land. Always something I guess.
sent my CrystalSky in today to be fixed hopefully. like you, No flight Log, and disconnects. I was at some distance when one of the disconnects occurred. I pushed the Home return button on the RC and she came home. DJI techs wanted me to do a video and trouble shoot the CrystalSky, I told them I had done all that already, and I have a case number. So low and behold it is on it's way to Texas.

sent my CrystalSky in today to be fixed hopefully. like you, No flight Log, and disconnects. I was at some distance when one of the disconnects occurred. I pushed the Home return button on the RC and she came home. DJI techs wanted me to do a video and trouble shoot the CrystalSky, I told them I had done all that already, and I have a case number. So low and behold it is on it's way to Texas.
I think mine should arrive Monday and, if I’m lucky, today. So, that’s within the time they allotted for the repair. The longest wait was for them to acknowledge receiving the package and maybe that was because I forgot to write the case number on the front and back of the shipping box.

In regards to the disconnects, I read that deleting and then re-installing the Go 4 app solved that issue for some folks. I did that and haven’t had the issue recur using my iPhone. I’ve only done a few flights though.

Same flight path issue here on my brand new 7.85” CS. All records synced, but no position, nor flight path visible. It does work on my iPhone and iPad.
This is the same as with me. I am guessing every single person on 2.06.03 firmware is having this issue? My records are good on the iphone 6s plus after i sync it on the CS and iphone. This is really annoying. Its not a huge deal but its annoying nonetheless. Has there been any updates on this or shall we all contact DJI on this issue?

This is the same as with me. I am guessing every single person on 2.06.03 firmware is having this issue? My records are good on the iphone 6s plus after i sync it on the CS and iphone. This is really annoying. Its not a huge deal but its annoying nonetheless. Has there been any updates on this or shall we all contact DJI on this issue?
Yeah, it isn’t a huge deal as you say, so waiting for a firmware update wouldn’t be a bad idea. I think reporting it, however, might help speed their response up. I also would be curious if they acknowledge the issue and whether they give you the option of waiting for the update or sending it in.

I sent mine in May 1 and I’m told it should be back to me by tomorrow or Wednesday. I’ll update whether the issue has been fixed.

Mxs, I agree with you as we all probably agree ( annoying) I spoke with DJI support several times they said "there will be a Update soon". My question is " what is soon?", it's a gamble whether you want to send in your CrystalSky or not and take a chance on a long return date, or wait for the update. If viewing your logs on another tablet is no bother then wait. On the other hand maybe it is a good idea to get a case number and let them know other customers have the problem. When I first called DJI Support of this issue they said " We have never heard of this problem", LIE if you go to the forum on DJI (Crystalsky) forum you can see that there has been a problem. Gerry65 had a reasonable return time on his CrystalSky, so I thought I would take a chance . If it takes all summer to get it back from DJI Support, then I can only ***** at myself for sending it in to have it looked at. I chose to send it in rather than wait for a update. Like Gerry65 I will keep a post here on how long it takes for you all.

Reactions: Mike357
Just got my CS back 30 minutes ago and...Wow! You won’t believe it, and I can’t believe it, but the issue remains. Exactly the same issue with flight records and no craft or path available on the map. It came in a nice cellophane pouch with a screen protector on it. That made me think it might be a new unit. There were no distinguishing marks on the one I sent in so I can’t tell by the appearance of its new or not. Had go through the same set up as I did when it was new. Option to flip screen wast available until I updated firmware. So, I set my settings and synced the flight records and when I went in to view the flights it acted just the same as before. PS- the records to work correctly on my iPhone.

Don’t know what to say except that I’m supremely disappointed and now I know what others have gone through with DJI’s service. Will call them first chance I get.

Oh, I did get a notification when I was going through setup, a small window appeared with the advice to update Go4 app to 4.0.1 with a warning that flights may be tempered if not done...or something to that effect. So guess I’ll try that before contacting them again.

PS- does anyone here know how to get that version of the app on the CS. I’m guessing you go through explorer, but I’m not savy with that app as I’m an Apple guy. Thanks

Oh, I did get a notification when I was going through setup, a small window appeared with the advice to update Go4 app to 4.0.1 with a warning that flights may be tempered if not done...or something to that effect. So guess I’ll try that before contacting them again.

PS- does anyone here know how to get that version of the app on the CS. I’m guessing you go through explorer, but I’m not savy with that app as I’m an Apple guy. Thanks
Gerry65 are you referring to the DJI GO4 APP? because the latest GO4 App is v4.2.8 . The way I updated it was by going to the DJI webpage for CrystalSky.
How to Update CrystalSky firmware.JPG

Gerry65, didn't they give you any explanation of what they did? Before I sent mine in they had me doing all kinds of different procedures, nearly 2 hours . Seems like they could at least give us some kind of explanation of what they did. you should be able to update the Crystalsky through the CrystalSky itself where it says update, or when you turn your DJI GO4 app on it should say "needs update".

you should be able to update the Crystalsky through the CrystalSky itself where it says update, or when you turn your DJI GO4 app on it should say "needs update".
Yeah, that’s how I do it. Just wait for a prompt when I start the crystalsky. Mine is up to date so I don’t know what that notification window meant for me to do. I’ll have to call. And, no, there was nothing from them regarding the “repair”. UGH!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78