DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't watch flights in Flight record on Crystalsky 5.5

davemorts

Reactions
When I open flight record in DJI go 4.0 I get a list of my flights. When I try to watch a flight I can see my location on the screen but no flight data. A scrolling message states "Map loading" but that's all i get.

Have the same issue since updating cs 5.5, also for the first couple of minutes had badly scrambled video from the ac. The video settled down and was okay after that.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Mine does the same after updating 5.5 CrystalSky "DJI GO4 APP v4.2.8", and "DJI GO3 APP v3.1.30" . It is always something!

I hope the next firmware update sorts it out.
DJI Support does not acknowledge that there is a problem with the update for the CrystalSky. My friend John, did a backup reset and it still doesn't work. DJI keeps saying " try this, try that", not all DJI UAV pilots have or use CrystalSky for their monitors, so those who do are at the bottom of the list.
John DJI support Email 01.JPG

DJI Support does not acknowledge that there is a problem with the update for the CrystalSky. My friend John, did a backup reset and it still doesn't work. DJI keeps saying " try this, try that", not all DJI UAV pilots have or use CrystalSky for their monitors, so those who do are at the bottom of the list.
View attachment 36089

It looks like they just haven't had reports of the problem yet. If no-one reports the issue DJI can't fix it. I'd say keep following up with DJI support.
I will definitely report the issue as well, hopefully we'll get a solution from them eventually[emoji1303]

Reactions: davemorts
It looks like they just haven't had reports of the problem yet. If no-one reports the issue DJI can't fix it. I'd say keep following up with DJI support.
I will definitely report the issue as well, hopefully we'll get a solution from them eventually[emoji1303]
I agree Mike357, not only did I email DJI support, I am going to call them too!.

I am having the same problem with my 7.85” ultra bright. What’s up with this, DJI?

I am having the same problem with my 7.85” ultra bright. What’s up with this, DJI?
Here is what DJI support told me to do. It doesn't work. You can try but you'll probably be wasting your time. The 3rd step that Rickson informs me to do cracks me up! so we're suppose to cope log files to our computers every time we fly?? it doesn't solve the problem to the CrystalSky.
Copy Email From DJI support 4-19-2018 02.JPG

Here is what DJI support told me to do. It doesn't work. You can try but you'll probably be wasting your time. The 3rd step that Rickson informs me to do cracks me up! so we're suppose to cope log files to our computers every time we fly?? it doesn't solve the problem to the CrystalSky.
View attachment 36120
So basically there is no support for the CS at the moment.

So basically there is no support for the CS at the moment.
davemorts, the best thing to do if you too are having problems is call DJI support on the phone, and bring the problem to DJI's SUPPORT. Apparently they don't read the forums.

Reactions: davemorts
Thanks Tomwolves, but some parts of DJI's explanation are unclear:

Re No. What does the "Android tablet" have to do with the issue? Is the CS the tablet? If so, what would the records be synced to?
re No. 3:

Here's what DJI email support told me when I complained about the problem to them:

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you have had with your DJI product. We will provide you with the best support possible.

Please follow the tutorial to sync your flight records to the DJI server. You can find the tutorial: The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

Here is another video tutorial on how to sync the flight record:

The cloud icon at the end of the flight record indicates the flight record has been successfully uploaded.

Thanks Tomwolves, but some parts of DJI's explanation are unclear:

Re No. What does the "Android tablet" have to do with the issue? Is the CS the tablet? If so, what would the records be synced to?
re No. 3:
CrystalSky is a DJI Tablet ( monitor) made to use mostly with DJI products. Such as Phantom 3 ADV/PRO Phantom 4's, Mavic's etc. They work real good in the sunlight. Mine is the 5.5 inch model. Since the new update for the CrystalSky the flight log does not work.

I’ve got the issue too with my 5.5 crystalsky. I synchronized the maps and have a cloud in the upper right corner of all my map’s icons but I still don’t get the Mavic’s positioning or it’s path showing up on the screen.

So is this still an issue that folks are having and should I send a message to dji informing them that I’m having issues too?

Thanks folks.

I’ve got the issue too with my 5.5 crystalsky. I synchronized the maps and have a cloud in the upper right corner of all my map’s icons but I still don’t get the Mavic’s positioning or it’s path showing up on the screen.

So is this still an issue that folks are having and should I send a message to dji informing them that I’m having issues too?

Thanks folks.
I would call support Gerry65, they say "there working on a fix", but my favorite quote " the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets oiled the most", a friend of mine called and complained about the same situation and DJI support said " This is the first time we heard of this", baloney!! I say. Apparently DJI support doesn't even read their own forum pages. I am certain they don't read this forum. It's up to you if you want to call or not. The most they can say is " we are aware of this issue"

Alright, FYI folks. I called DJI support and described the problem. They said this was the first report of such an issue (I told them I didn’t think that was true) and put me on hold a number of times until they finally arranged a call back from a tech advisor. The advisor recommended things listed in this thread but also had me reload the app and recalibrate the compass before trying to view the flight records. That didn’t work so they are having me send it in for repair...uh oh.

So, I’m back to using my iPhone X.

BTW, had a disconnect message today with the CS and also had one with my iPhone. First time I’ve seen those, but I’ve seen reports of this happening. Fortunately I was just flying short distances and at low altitudes. And, even though the message said ‘aircraft disconnected’, I was able to fly it back to me and land. Always something I guess.

Reactions: Mike357
Same flight path issue here on my brand new 7.85” CS. All records synced, but no position, nor flight path visible. It does work on my iPhone and iPad.

Well, I’d call support and have them take you through some hoops trying to fix it but I doubt anything would work. I’ve been using my iPhone with no flight data issues and solved my ‘aircraft disconnected’ problem by trashing the app and re-downloading it.

Good luck with getting it repaired if you decide to go that route.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54