DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cape Town, South Africa, NOOB (for now)

JayBayJones

Reactions
Howzeeet,

Jay checking in. Ordered MP2 with flymore kit, collecting tomorrow.

First time drone pilot, 47 years young but still a grommet at heart. Hoping to get my skills up by the end of this year to take on some decent surf based cinematography. (Keen to figure out some earning options to stay out of an office!)

Appreciate any guidance and tips and enjoy a stack of banter. Go ahead rip me a new one...

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: JayBayJones
Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida!

Howzeeet,

First time drone pilot, 47 years young but still a grommet at heart. Hoping to get my skills up by the end of this year to take on some decent surf based cinematography. (Keen to figure out some earning options to stay out of an office!)

Appreciate any guidance and tips and enjoy a stack of banter. Go ahead rip me a new one...

Welcome: Your in for an adventure, and this forum is going to help you in everyway they can with that.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting Edger Gear to fly your Mavic.

Hello and Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Howzeeet,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Howzeeet,

Hi from Leicester in the UK. Just returned in June from a tour of your scenic country. Managed a few flights with my Mavic Pro at Ghost Mountain, KwaZulu Natal, the wine country at Franschhoek, and Arniston on the coast of the Western Cape. I found several of the lodge's & hotel's managements very helpful to facilitate my flights, only wish the local authorities here were as helpful, alas not so.

Hi Scuba, shot for the message!

The strength of your foreign currency makes this such a good value destination given the quality of the amenities, especially in the areas that you were able to fly! First trip to my homeland?

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s a link to the full 70 page manual... much more info than the abbreviated version in the box.

Appreciate this Tom! Going through it right now and despite the mild hangover from a party gig last night, the excitement to getting the info in my head before the first flight seems to be carrying me through the white paper torture!

Hi Scuba, shot for the message!

The strength of your foreign currency makes this such a good value destination given the quality of the amenities, especially in the areas that you were able to fly! First trip to my homeland?
Yes, first to SA but did Zimbabwe & Botswana last year & took great land video of the wildlife and even a few Mavic flights on Lake Kariba. Unfortunately, in spite of getting prior permission to fly from the hotel's management in Botswana before leaving UK, when I arrived that was overturned by the "General Manager" who said no drone flights allowed in national parks. I knew that, but the lodge itself was outside the Chobe National Park not inside it! All I wanted to do was fly the bird for 10 minutes just above treetop height staying within the lodge's grounds, swivel it round to get a shot of the hotel and the view across the river towards Namibia & Zambia! It gets worse. Had a back-pack full of video cameras, gimbals, spare Mavic batteries, Epson Moverio HUD glasses & SD cards for May's SA trip, but due to a ****-up by the chauffer service provided by the travel company taking me to Heathrow, it got left behind in the UK! No video of 3 days at Kruger nor Table Mountain, just 3 flights with my one sole battery at the sites I mentioned in my earlier post. Am now in the process of taking legal action following my video-less 17 day trip to South Africa!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711