DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Capture failed, shooting is currently not permitted.

DJI support only Chinese, they already started holiday because 16th and 17th in China already Chinese new year. It seem other regions doesn't do support, like USA or UK?

Last edited:
It seems like you are trying at night (no avoidance sensors) or you tried during the day with the avoidance sensors off. Why are you flying without the sensors? Maybe it won't take pano because the sensors are off. It does have to rotate to take the pano so it might need the sensors to start a pano shot. Set everything back to auto including the photo settings and turn on the sensors and try it.

Or, maybe you got a used and defective unit from the dealer.

Its 1 of 2 things. U have a slow old device....or u can try to refresh software on dji assistant 2 on computer

The aircraft is brand new, when first time I turn it on I activated it and updated the firmware. It used one battery until depleted.

I'm not sure if the aircraft is old model or the is restriction to take panorama photo. In my account or my aircraft.

Anyone wanna help? I need some one with mavic air to chat with. Hit me up on whatsapp if you have. Mavic Air WhatsApp Group

Last edited:
ok, be a jerk. Figure it out yourself.

You provide crap for data, no pic of what versions you are actually on (your earlier photo shows you on the wrong firmware versions) and provide no info regarding your settings so we have to guess based on the warnings seen on your screen shots. I've got better things to do. I'm outta here.

BTW - anyone that clicks on his link to go to another page is taking a risk

ok, be a jerk. Figure it out yourself.

You provide crap for data, no pic of what versions you are actually on (your earlier photo shows you on the wrong firmware versions) and provide no info regarding your settings so we have to guess based on the warnings seen on your screen shots. I've got better things to do. I'm outta here.

BTW - anyone that clicks on his link to go to another page is taking a risk
Sorry I didn't meant that, I was really frustrated. I felt my magic air defective or something is not right.

Basically I using latest firmware both app and the aircraft & RC.

I still hoping it's not hardware issue and DJI can response on my issue.

Listen download dji's newest dji assistant 2 it can be found on mavic air downloads page dji.com
Install assistant and try to refresh firmware. If that is to much for u go into app and downgrade fw one revision then upgrade again

Reactions: M.K.Frenky
Listen download dji's newest dji assistant 2 it can be found on mavic air downloads page dji.com
Install assistant and try to refresh firmware. If that is to much for u go into app and downgrade fw one revision then upgrade again
Problem solved, I can take the panorama photos now.

What I did was:
1. Downgraded to .100 with DJI Assistant 2 with computer.
2. Disconnected from computer startup with phone like normal want to flight.
3. Prompted and updated Geo facing, precise bla".
4. Can't take off because not latest firmware.
5. Updated everything pending via phone to .200 (because my home internet slower than my mobile internet)
6. Inserted using recommended sdcard 64GB U3 v30.
7. Take off, perform 4K no issue, perform 360° panorama photo no issue.

Conclusion, perhaps the first time updated firmware not flashed correctly.

Hi Mike, I guess your advice is right, just need to refresh the firmware, not necessarily downgrade. With this experience, now at least I understand overall DJI aircraft, rc, firmware, geo facing and also unlocking individual zone, how it work.

Somehow it also fixed my synchronization in my iPhone.

Thank you.
e2dbf99f13bd50a1445334c6cf70a33f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: galfridus
Problem solved, I can take the panorama photos now.

What I did was:
1. Downgraded to .100 with DJI Assistant 2 with computer.
2. Disconnected from computer startup with phone like normal want to flight.
3. Prompted and updated Geo facing, precise bla".
4. Can't take off because not latest firmware.
5. Updated everything pending via phone to .200 (because my home internet slower than my mobile internet)
6. Inserted using recommended sdcard 64GB U3 v30.
7. Take off, perform 4K no issue, perform 360° panorama photo no issue.

Conclusion, perhaps the first time updated firmware not flashed correctly.

Hi Mike, I guess your advice is right, just need to refresh the firmware, not necessarily downgrade. With this experience, now at least I understand overall DJI aircraft, rc, firmware, geo facing and also unlocking individual zone, how it work.

Somehow it also fixed my synchronization in my iPhone.

Thank you.
e2dbf99f13bd50a1445334c6cf70a33f.jpg
Good to see you got it buddy! ;) sometimes i recommend that depending on the situation. Because i have learned (various dji ac) that sometimes some of the modules wont install correctly in fw updates....i notice this happens sometimes as well if home/mobile connection is not good while doing the update...

Reactions: M.K.Frenky
upload_2018-2-17_21-49-0.png

Apparently, when the Mavic Air flies at or near the (arbitrarily set) "max altitude" limit, shooting is no longer permitted. Why this appears to applies to "stitched" photo shots, like "panoramas", but not to normal single shots, I have no idea.

Has anyone else made the same experience ?
Does anyone understand the logic that is apparently designed into the firmware ?

Reformat the SD card, and reset the camera settings. Once done try again, everything will be fine after that. :)

View attachment 31581

Apparently, when the Mavic Air flies at or near the (arbitrarily set) "max altitude" limit, shooting is no longer permitted. Why this appears to applies to "stitched" photo shots, like "panoramas", but not to normal single shots, I have no idea.

Does anyone understand the logic that is apparently designed into the firmware ?

That's just a warning telling you you're unable to shoot, the warning relating to this young man is in the screenshot that he posted, pretty easy question to answer too.

Guys I'm getting worried about my Mavic Air, I really confused with this warning.
921cef0ea439e367611c21eb1b05e1ae.jpg

Are you trolling us. You are flying in restricted airspace, near an airport. Why? Is this why your mapbox is green (I'm not sure why it would be, otherwise)?

But, from this provided photo, it appears that you are near a runway.

Are you trolling us. You are flying in restricted airspace, near an airport. Why? Is this why your mapbox is green (I'm not sure why it would be, otherwise)?

But, from this provided photo, it appears that you are near a runway.
I noticed that too, runway in that picture, flying at 119m altitude.
LOL! I just didnt have anything to say about his problems with his air, because I dont have one!

Like i said my issue solved by refreshing the firmware. First after Unboxing the aircraft is required to upgrade I recalled I did switching from mobile phone data to wifi home during upgrade, this could be the culprit, during upgrade. I have unlocked individual approved by DJI my house just next the runway the permit area is not crossing runway so far. That way you see green area in my map. Close to run away is not the issue for me as long I'm in green area permitted and approved by DJI for my individual unlocking zone. Even I not in no fly zone, which I tested different location, far from my house. I'm still not able to take any panorama photos, at that time.
View attachment 31581

Yes if the aircraft is reached to maximum altitude it won't be able to take any panorama photos. I tried my altitude default 120 meters or higher 150 meters and I'm lowering about 5 to 10 meters so 110/150 or 130/150 meters or just 5 to 10 meters from ground won't take any shot.

After the effort trying and trying without any luck, didn't thinking that i should try the firmware again. Maybe to much frustration with my Mavic Air, although I'm in IT industry for 20 years now. The most obviously the firmware could be corrupt because I can't sync my flight record with my iPhone only Android, after performing the firmware again, as advised by this group member, it also solved the problem. Now all the features working great. I taken great shots with my family with it. I love so much my Mavic Air, flawlessly. DJI really make good drone for Mavic Air. I'm not regretted getting Mavic Air after my Spark and just in time Spark already sold it after I get my Mavic Air.

I bet my case is very rare among all of Mavic Air owners.

And I'm 40 years old man.

daadaf8990a6a955669958cb061f278a.jpg
b1dc3b8fdb8c89ccd7834c4446482967.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicAirMike
So after fixed still got issue, you'll no issue only me?

This is the video I sent to dji support.
4d0ce21ee8ed9b635804e1f9a7b30a71.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1