DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car charger

jeplane

Reactions
The car charger which comes with the DJI fly combo for the mavic 2 pro only charges 1 battery at a time....

Is there something that exist to charge more than 1 battery?

Don’t show me something for the mavic 1. I understand the voltage for the second generation Mavic batteries is different.

Thanks!

The car charger which comes with the DJI fly combo for the mavic 2 pro only charges 1 battery at a time....

Is there something that exist to charge more than 1 battery?

Don’t show me something for the mavic 1. I understand the voltage for the second generation Mavic batteries is different.

Thanks!

I use this charger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ooopps, you said car charger, not sure if there is one for that.

We will have a car charger that does 2 batteries soon!
May I ask if it will be charge one at full power and charge 2 at reduced power at same time or will it charge both at full power? If reduced power, for those that have cars with multiple 12v ports, I am thinking that 2 separate single-battery charges would be better vs using one that charges both at reduced power.

Just be aware that the charger will likely pull 4-6A per battery.
The stock car charger draws 6A but seems to charge faster than the AC charger.
You can use the hub with any charger, though of course it would charge one at a time.

May I ask if it will be charge one at full power and charge 2 at reduced power at same time or will it charge both at full power? If reduced power, for those that have cars with multiple 12v ports, I am thinking that 2 separate single-battery charges would be better vs using one that charges both at reduced power.
It wont charge each at 4A, it would be splitting across 2 batteries - usually the 12V line in cars have a 10A fuse associated with them. At 2x (17V*4A) it will go above that rating.

Reactions: AForceone
May I suggest a widely available option of a heavy duty multiple 120v power inverter either wired into your vehicle or with jumper cable clips to hook straight to your vehicle battery?

They sell some great ones at truck stops these days.

That would be something that would provide so much power that you could charge anything at once with a setup like mine while you're out flying.Resized_20180919_091232.jpeg

May I suggest a widely available option of a heavy duty multiple 120v power inverter either wired into your vehicle or with jumper cable clips to hook straight to your vehicle battery?

I picked up this battery attached charger (750W). It may be a bit over the top but I should not want for anything reasonable out in the field.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127