DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbonfiber propellers

Jonas.Sut

Reactions
Has anyone tryied carbonfiber propellers on the DJI mavic?
I bought a set on ebay, but I have not dared to fly with them because I'm a afraid of the quality on the plastic part in the middle of the propeller. The carbon blades are really stiff compered to the DJI plastic propellers.
IMG_2286.jpgIMG_2285.jpg

You run the risk running anything not OEM. Being quite familiar and a fan myself of carbon fiber for other non r/c applications myself, I'd think that the brittleness of CF may reduce the ability for the Mavic to resist collisions with trees. Can't imagine any benefit that would be worth that drawback, but each to his own. I don't know how you fly it, so maybe it'll be really good for you.

Since you bought them already, you may as well try it at low altitude over grass as a test.

I have just seen a review of Carbon vs. oem Dji plastic propellers and the carbons lost,, they make a little less noice, but the fly time was a couple of minutes shorter[emoji1304][emoji1304][emoji1304]

Reactions: JMF and Stride8
Carbon fiber propellers if heavy than the OEM or stock propeller, it will reduce your flight time... no point to change it. I think the fake carbon fiber propellers (plastic propellers) better than true carbon fiber propellers.. ha..ha..
The good fiber carbon propellers must less than 12g per pair. A lot are more than 14g. You can try it, then share with us.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I bought a set on ebay, but I have not dared to fly with them because I'm a afraid of the quality on the plastic part in the middle of the propeller. The carbon blades are really stiff compered to the DJI plastic propellers.
View attachment 18707View attachment 18708

These are Not carbon fiber, they are carbon infused plastic, on reg quads that use 5"-6" props HQ makes them and they are a dream.

Fly these you will maybe like them

Carbon infused plastic, is carbon fiber composite., It mixed with plastic. Another one can try is nylon propeller.

Carbon infused plastic, is carbon fiber composite., It mixed with plastic. Another one can try is nylon propeller.

Wrong! Ive made props for quads etc over the past 5 yrs.
These should be called carbon composite plastic props.

True carbon fiber props do not have any plastic in them and are not injection molded, they are layed up wet with carbon fiber fabric.

fabd2ca3d9d4f3e85d84a13a033bfd35.jpeg

It is very misleading

Reactions: Condor
got these "carbon" props from ebay.
they don't bend like original do
after hours of flying can say they
make controls a bit stiffer.
can't tell any other differences.

Why in the first place would you change your propellers? Anything you are not satisfied with?

On a standard quad or even a hex the infused give more flight time also handled better in winds for me over reg nylon stock type props. Could be the case here as well. Full on carbon fiber props I never liked for several reasons.

I just get my carbon composite yesterday. I already tested " carbon composite propeller today.

My suggestion, just forget carbon fiber or composite propellers. Original stock propellers are the best propellers, save your money and time to looking carbon propellers.

Sorry if I said like this. Original DJI Stock propellers still the best for Mavic Pro. I will not spend money on OEM carbon fibre and composite propellers.

Reactions: Jonas.Sut
A lot of people already tested with carbon fiber or composite propellers. They still recommended using back original stock propellers.
Me too, because I tested. I strong recommended using original stock propellers.

Reactions: Jonas.Sut
View attachment 18707View attachment 18708

I purchased these off eBay.. what comments do you have regarding these?

Attachments

• 9F8EC7A8-A32A-47C6-A48D-78D4333BE613.jpeg
    9F8EC7A8-A32A-47C6-A48D-78D4333BE613.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
I just get my carbon composite yesterday. I already tested " carbon composite propeller today.

My suggestion, just forget carbon fiber or composite propellers. Original stock propellers are the best propellers, save your money and time to looking carbon propellers.

Sorry if I said like this. Original DJI Stock propellers still the best for Mavic Pro. I will not spend money on OEM carbon fibre and composite propellers.

So true, I agree that oem propellers are best for Mavic Pro, but what about carbon props for Phantom?

These are Not carbon fiber, they are carbon infused plastic, on reg quads that use 5"-6" props HQ makes them and they are a dream.

Fly these you will maybe like them

I don’t think cf props do any good for the Mavic[emoji37] maybe their good on the Phantom ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji