DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Card format

MavicManic

Reactions
I recently gave my SD card from my Mavic Pro Platinum to a reporter to transfer my videos to his mac. When I put it in my PC, it showed no content. The pc kept saying to format card, which usually means delete. I formatted card and now the MPP controller shows SD error. I was able to put card in pc and transfer old video to it, so it’s still working. New card works fine in drone. Fortunately the reporter was able to cloud my shots so I could download them. Anybody else experience difficulty after transferring to a mac?

MAC format and PC Format are different.

I have a MP. I found that the only reliable method of formatting the SD card was using the MP. If I did anything on a laptop that changed the SD card - it caused odd problems. Try formatting in the bird.

Reactions: Thomas B
FAT32 and ExFAT "should" work on any OS.
However if you formatted on a PC, be sure you didn't accidentally format it NTFS.

Cluster size may also be a factor in compatibility though default size should be OK. PC shouldn't care what the cluster size is.

I did have an issue reading the SD card/internal storage of my M2Z when connected to my PC, but likely that was more of a USB issue or my PC running too long between sleep/hybernate and needing reboot. It blue screened but was fine after the reboot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu