DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cardinal Direction Photos

jleglen

Reactions
Is there an automated mode on Litchi or DJI4 that will take the 8 photos of a building at each of the cardinal points (see attached) at a set altitude? And if so, can a second set of photos at a different (higher) altitude? I always do it manually now. Thanks in advance!Cardinal Photos.jpg73949

Is there an automated mode on Litchi or DJI4 that will take the 8 photos of a building at each of the cardinal points (see attached) at a set altitude? And if so, can a second set of photos at a different (higher) altitude? I always do it manually now. Thanks in advance!View attachment 73949View attachment 73949
Yes. For me Litchi is the better more accurate tool for this and waypoint mode gives you the most flexibility.

You can see here I have my first tier of your mission set up. I have a poi set up in the middle of the building to create a fixed focus point through the first tier mission. 73955

On the second tier of your mission I have the waypoints slightly offset from the waypoints below them just so you can see them in the screen shot. I found it easier to plot the waypoint outside the mission area and then drag it over the waypoint below it as the UI will want to select the waypoint below rather than plot a waypoint directly on top of an existing waypoint. 73956
I was sure to also add a second poi to ensure the gimbal angle of the second tier would be level with that altitude.

I then created an action sequence for each waypoint. The aircraft will stop at each waypoint for 2 seconds and then take a photo before moving to the next waypoint. This ensures the gimbal and aircraft are perfectly still to get a good quality photo and to allow tune to adjust exposure and/or focus before taking the picture at each waypoint.

There are several ways I could have done this but this seemed like the most obvious method and felt the most relevant for what I presume to be your intent which was to photograph the building from all 4 corners and sides. If the actual cardinal directions are the important part rather than the orientation relative to the building (for instance if it’s more important that the drone be facing directly north rather then get a photo of the building exactly in the center of the frame I could have made the heading settings be absolute instead of using the POI) GPS isn’t perfect so I find the POI to be a valuable tool since it will direct the focus of the drone exactly to a fixed point rather then absolute direction.

Reactions: Ladd and jleglen
Thank you so much. This is very helpful and will save me a ton of time. I do like Litchi overall much better. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reactions: brett8883

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn