DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cases?????

6ef19f2d5e8df3b0256e8b6ed5e72d71.jpg
it fitts everything. iPad mini included, power BANK included, lens pen (3 pouch) included, 4 batt, Chargers, leg extentions....

Reactions: austindave
Polar Pro case. I use it for storing the Mavic at home and for short trips. I have a Lowepro backpack for my DSLR gear and the Mavic fits in a lens compartment for longer trips. It sure beats having to bring two backpacks on hiking trips (I also have a P3P).

8e80331d48a6a9141d9d54d70b52f76d.jpg

016cf61d62fce7abf2f43439b5bcefdc.jpg
Watch those latches... I have the same case and one of my latches just snapped off... I was just closing it.. I said screw it and bought a Pelican to replace it

Reactions: Cowman
So I just want to share with everyone my setup (which I'm finally happy with). I know everyone here probably reached their own perfect setup a long time ago.

When I fly, I've got to be immersed and that means FPV. Prior to today, I've lugged around the Headplay googles because I was stuck on picture quality (but I've been unhappy with the lack of portability). I really loved the idea of the foldable goggles we've discussed but the picture quality of phones (tried an S7 and s6 edge) is just not that great, pixilated, and detail/words are unreadable/seeable.

Today I received the HD2s. Like I said, I'm finally happy. Their picture quality is slightly below the headplays but pretty close... and the best part is they're portable. You're also not forced to use Litchi. It still means needing a tablet with hdmi out (along with a tablet holder).. but I'm ok with that as I think I've found the perfect case for my now-to-be setup which I'd like to share with you below. You'll see everything I can fit in the Lowpro 300 case and how I pack it in there. There's still room in the side pockets if I had some other small oddball things.

I'd like to point out the Eachine battery I use instead of the Fatshark branded battery. It's got a micro USB input which means no extra cables needed to charge. I recommend these as well.

Soon I'll be putting my 2 pairs of headplays up for sale. And no need for my HDMI splitter. If I have a passenger, they can use the HD2's and I'll utilize the tablet screen. I do have a different backpack I'm going to utilize when I plan to have a passenger. I own a second controller to give the passenger and also throw a Hoodman aviator sun shield for the tablet in the backpack too20170411_211823.jpg

Attachments

• 20170411_210913.jpg
    20170411_210913.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 20170411_210818.jpg
    20170411_210818.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20170411_210847.jpg
    20170411_210847.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
I'm having the same problem with storing all my equipment into a small case. I use a Shield together with my Zeiss Cinemizer for flying and so need additional storage for the Cinemizer and the holder for the Shield. Could you post a link where to purchase your bag (didn't find anything named Lowpro 300 case and Lowepro 300 only brings up a bigger backback)

I'm having the same problem with storing all my equipment into a small case. I use a Shield together with my Zeiss Cinemizer for flying and so need additional storage for the Cinemizer and the holder for the Shield. Could you post a link where to purchase your bag (didn't find anything named Lowpro 300 case and Lowepro 300 only brings up a bigger backback)

I can't find a new one... they might not make them any more (?). But I did find a used one on ebay...
LOWEPRO EDGE CAMERA BAG BLACK/SILVER W/ STRAP | eBay

It really seemes to be discontinued...
Unfortunately shipping is double the price of the bag (maybe it even will be more shipping to my home in Germany)
But TX!

MC-Cases Still no room for ipad or phone so I put them in a Mavic sleeves and lay them on top the lid is padded so no damage

Last edited:
The MC-Cases are great, but this 'Explorer-Edition' is too big for me for transport. There must be smaller solutions including storage place for holder, tablet and goggles - I just haven't found them....

I agree It is too heavy once filled, it will be left in my Van and I will use the DJI fly-more bag or sleeve

Watch those latches... I have the same case and one of my latches just snapped off... I was just closing it.. I said screw it and bought a Pelican to replace it
I actually had a latch break the other day as well. I contacted Polar Pro and they said the case has a lifetime warranty and they shipped me a new one overnight. Excellent customer service!

Reactions: Deer_Predator
So I just want to share with everyone my setup (which I'm finally happy with). I know everyone here probably reached their own perfect setup a long time ago.

When I fly, I've got to be immersed and that means FPV. Prior to today, I've lugged around the Headplay googles because I was stuck on picture quality (but I've been unhappy with the lack of portability). I really loved the idea of the foldable goggles we've discussed but the picture quality of phones (tried an S7 and s6 edge) is just not that great, pixilated, and detail/words are unreadable/seeable.

Today I received the HD2s. Like I said, I'm finally happy. Their picture quality is slightly below the headplays but pretty close... and the best part is they're portable. You're also not forced to use Litchi. It still means needing a tablet with hdmi out (along with a tablet holder).. but I'm ok with that as I think I've found the perfect case for my now-to-be setup which I'd like to share with you below. You'll see everything I can fit in the Lowpro 300 case and how I pack it in there. There's still room in the side pockets if I had some other small oddball things.

I'd like to point out the Eachine battery I use instead of the Fatshark branded battery. It's got a micro USB input which means no extra cables needed to charge. I recommend these as well.

Soon I'll be putting my 2 pairs of headplays up for sale. And no need for my HDMI splitter. If I have a passenger, they can use the HD2's and I'll utilize the tablet screen. I do have a different backpack I'm going to utilize when I plan to have a passenger. I own a second controller to give the passenger and also throw a Hoodman aviator sun shield for the tablet in the backpack tooView attachment 10446

Where'd you find the case for your props??

Where'd you find the case for your props??
Ebay. Its a good hard shell 3d printed case. Pricy though... $15 I think it was

I actually had a latch break the other day as well. I contacted Polar Pro and they said the case has a lifetime warranty and they shipped me a new one overnight. Excellent customer service!
That is weird.. The folks I bought it from said no warranty and only refunded me half of the purchase price... SMH.. you want to sell the working latch??? LOL

Ebay. Its a good hard shell 3d printed case. Pricy though... $15 I think it was

I think i found it. I was hoping it was similar to the semi-rigid case for the drone and controller you have. I have the same set and its awesome!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143