DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Caught in the rain

Dont use rice it's the worst thing for electronics especially drones/quadcopters
I agree with the rice home cure as being both useless and potentially dangerous for a drone, it may have worked it’s magic in the days of Capt Jack Sparrow but with electronics you get a rice paste or glue
I have had good results with a super water resistant spray but only on the motors. All other parts need time and SodiumPolyacrylate

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hello everyone if i can stop shaking long enough to type i was trying to capture lighting on video the storm was hanging low so i put my drone up i recorded about 5 minutes disided to fly to the shore line turned to the north all i could see is a wall of water heading towards me by the time i adjusted the drone to come home it was to late how it didn't fall from the sky i have no idea water got in the battery compartment it landed fine i dryed it off but im afraid to start it any thoughts please help thanks

As many have mentioned stay away from the Rice , the big problem is that water got into the connection part of the battery and this can effect the mother board and IMU so you really just want to use the blow gun and place in a dry environment for a few days . Most Likely that Battery is Compromised so get a new battery .

Consider one of our Air 2 Wet Suits that fully protect the battery both the compartment and the Power Button.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in the Rain.
Email me at [email protected] for a forum package and discount.

Reactions: Steel63 and Torcan
As many have mentioned stay away from the Rice , the big problem is that water got into the connection part of the battery and this can effect the mother board and IMU so you really just want to use the blow gun and place in a dry environment for a few days . Most Likely that Battery is Compromised so get a new battery .

Consider one of our Air 2 Wet Suits that fully protect the battery both the compartment and the Power Button.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in the Rain.
Email me at [email protected] for a forum package and discount.
I have the fly more combo so i have 2 more thank the Lord I'm trying to get your wetsuit every time i have the money something else comes up but i promise u i am getting one asap thanks

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
We have a tropical storm coming and my drone is drying out no lightning video??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3