DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

Is not the mode set on GPS? Are we sure the hack used on the Air won't work?

Is not the mode set on GPS? Are we sure the hack used on the Air won't work?
Not sure but the chance is very high that it is not possible anymore... Neither with an easy FakeGPS hack nor with a crazy firmware flash. My guess is there are even different transmitters used. DJI was forced to to get approval.

Reactions: Lastrexking
1. No
2. No but most unlikely unless they've messed up !

It is pretty sure that DJI this time blocked fcc at MT1SD25 / MR1SD25 models....other than importing one from US, CA or AUS there is no chance this time to get fcc in europe or other ce countries...
Is Australia fcc

Aus gets FCC variant as per DJI thread - Is the Mavic Mini in Australia FCC or CE?
Note thats FCC variant - still wont get FCC power levels with it.

The FCC variant is also used in China so if you want to import one, order from China (Ali, BG etc).
Could they make this more confusing?

If I read your link right we get the same version here in AU as the USA however it is set at Chinese regulation power levels- will auto switch to full permissible FCC power on 5.8 if powered up in the USA?

Thats cool- a lot better than the miserable performance the straight CE model would have given us.

Could they make this more confusing?

If I read your link right we get the same version here in AU as the USA however it is set at Chinese regulation power levels- will auto switch to full permissible FCC power on 5.8 if powered up in the USA?

Thats cool- a lot better than the miserable performance the straight CE model would have given us.
Correct - basically its a complete ****-show and I suspect some may even kickoff a lawsuit for false advertising in EU (even though its been this way for all their drones for a while now-just not hard-locked from factory.

People in EU will feel they're getting an inferior product.

It seems unlikely that anyone would sue DJI for enforcing local rules ! What's likely to be more problematic is FCC versions being flown outside of the US/Australia/China by people traveling. If they don't auto-adapt the transmission power that could get ugly in a hurry...

So far all they have to say is :

"However, concerning if you can fly the FCC version in Europe, we are in regret to inform you that we don't suggest you to fly it around Europe since there will be legal a legal risk. Hence, we truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations in this regard."

Reactions: Napalm
Correct - basically its a complete ****-show and I suspect some may even kickoff a lawsuit for false advertising in EU (even though its been this way for all their drones for a while now-just not hard-locked from factory.

People in EU will feel they're getting an inferior product.
You think a court might support an argument that a product should be capable of being modified to operate in a manner that made it non compliant with regulations? The lawyers will still take the money to argue but they will be the only ones who do any good out of the deal.

Reactions: old man mavic
You think a court might support an argument that a product should be capable of being modified to operate in a manner that made it non compliant with regulations? The lawyers will still take the money to argue but they will be the only ones who do any good out of the deal.
Its how its being advertised "Up to 4KM" in big writing. No different than any other drone of the past but people seem to be getting more up in arms that there are two models now - A superior capable of reaching the advertised range and an inferior model that will never be capable of reaching advertised range no matter where you take it.

I suggest they change their advertising to suit the respective localised markets instead of a blanket "4KM" for all to see.

even if the MM could go 4 KM whats the point when it would be being flown illegally,we all know that the advertised range of any drone is not really what we get in real world conditions ,its the same with flight time its different depending on the conditions at the time and how the drone is flown,there are so many variables that can affect range that in the end everyone will get different results depending where they fly

Its how its being advertised "Up to 4KM" in big writing. No different than any other drone of the past but people seem to be getting more up in arms that there are two models now - A superior capable of reaching the advertised range and an inferior model that will never be capable of reaching advertised range no matter where you take it.

I suggest they change their advertising to suit the respective localised markets instead of a blanket "4KM" for all to see.
How many of us get to the limit of what is said to be the “up to” point with wifi or storage transfer rates, internet connections, fuel mileage, car washes from a bottle of detergent etc? We have a right to be disappointed but that’s where it ends.

Reactions: old man mavic
i know its nice to have a moan about something ,and to feel that something you would like to own is in your opinion,not what you expected.
but really, just do not purchase the Mavic Mini in that case as its clearly not for you

As a soon to be first time drone user (with the CE mini) - what should be my expectations for:
* Open rural areas (beach / lake)
* "Lumpy" rural areas - trees, hills, dams etc.

Take the "dam" example, if I am at the bottom and fly the drone over the top, will I instantly lose signal?

Where do you see it avertized as "up to 4 km" in Europe ?
dji.com ? Site is global
i know its nice to have a moan about something ,and to feel that something you would like to own is in your opinion,not what you expected.
but really, just do not purchase the Mavic Mini in that case as its clearly not for you
Tend to agree, I'm well aware of its limitations (more-so than others in the case of Australia's regs) however given the numerous threads popping up its not out of the question.

If you want REAL range with a nice clean feed, get a Mavic 1/2 with Ocusync-Leaves Wifi-based drones in the dust.

As a soon to be first time drone user (with the CE mini) - what should be my expectations for:

Take the "dam" example, if I am at the bottom and fly the drone over the top, will I instantly lose signal?
I'd expect a few hundred meters if our rural, make good use of antenna orientation if signal weakens, alter angle slightly depending if operating on 2.4 or 5.8Ghz.I think you'll be fine, enjoy your new toy and have fun exploring! :)

Fly up and over the wall and connection will be lost once out of direct line of sight. No chance of the microwaves penetrating water and concrete.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft