DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

So drone is switching to fcc with fake gps app, but then when it realizes that it goes for a fake coordinates on the phone it switches back to ce imediately. This meens we have to find a way how to force it to stay in fcc once it is already switched to fcc with fake gps app and not allow to switch back to ce.
Anyway in the DJI forums the admin explain that even change mode to FCC the power of the emission keep like CE so keeps the 2.4 GHz 2Km range and 500 meters for 5.8GHz.

Check the link here:

This meens we have to find a way how to force it to stay in fcc once it is already switched to fcc with fake gps app and not allow to switch back to ce.
Or you just accept the legal restrictions and get over it.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Anyway in the DJI forums the admin explain that even change mode to FCC the power of the emission keep like CE so keeps the 2.4 GHz 2Km range and 500 meters for 5.8GHz.

Check the link here:
The power drop on 5.8 really hurts. For equal power in the same conditions 5.8ghz is down roughly 7.1db compared to 2.4ghz.

I received CE version. After some practicing flights, second thing was the range test. I got 1663 meters at 70 flight altitude. I made the test in open field without much RF noise.

Note: Power warning is due to wind not low battery.

For more impressions you can check my hands-on Mavic Mini review.
Enjoy the view!

Reactions: Aragon and Louis08
I received CE version. After some practicing flights, second thing was the range test. I got 1663 meters at 70 flight altitude. I made the test in open field without much RF noise.

Note: Power warning is due to wind not low battery.

For more impressions you can check my hands-on Mavic Mini review.
Enjoy the view!
This report is exceptionally good.

Question:
I live in the EU (CE Region). What If u buy a FCC Mavic Mini in the United States and try to fly it in CE-regions? Will it block the (Higher) FCC-range? Will i be able to preform the FCC-GPS Hack so the FCC-Drone thinks it is in the United States and gives me füll range in Europe? Thank you!

Question:
I live in the EU (CE Region). What If u buy a FCC Mavic Mini in the United States and try to fly it in CE-regions? Will it block the (Higher) FCC-range? Will i be able to preform the FCC-GPS Hack so the FCC-Drone thinks it is in the United States and gives me füll range in Europe? Thank you!
Not tested or hacked, not even interested on it. For me the 1600m is just fine. it is a big step from my old Phantom's 700meter

Last edited:
The Japanese version is the CE version? 500m limit? I'm about to self-immolate if so. I agree it would be false advertising if the max range is 500m. It would get put back in the box "return to sender" with a memo inside "I already have a Tello".

The Japanese version is the CE version? 500m limit? I'm about to self-immolate if so. I agree it would be false advertising if the max range is 500m. It would get put back in the box "return to sender" with a memo inside "I already have a Tello".
If it is the CE version then it is rated for 2000m (it has 2.4ghz to achieve this) People have already got it to 3500m.

I had the air when it first came out in the uk I never did the hack left it on the Europe settings. It flew easily within line of site never any signal loss, I think it’s recommended 500yds is line of sight for most drones.
I bought a red air to hopefully see it better,if you can see an air at 100yds you have good eyesight,the mini is even smaller I will probably lose sight of it at 50yds.
Before I bought the mini I new what to expect because the range tests are all out there to see.
Personally I wanted something that you don’t have to adjust anything and it flys straight out the bag in focus and no settings to mess around with.
Yep, the Air is hard to see. The Mini doesn’t even have lights so will be even harder.

Question:
The fake GPS hack doesn't work (someone already posted a YT clip).
Flying the FCC in Europe restricts you to 5GHz band and doesn't allow to switch to 2.4GHz band - I'd say this is definitely a disadvantage.
And flying the FCC version in Europe at full FCC power is most probably illegal even though the frequencies are open (just at restricted power level)

Bottom line: considering that flights must be VLOS you're better off with the CE version as it gives you a broader range of frequencies.

Reactions: DombiF
In that scenario what happens - does the drone automatically initiate a RTH?
If the drone is above the user set RTH height, does it drop to that height , or does it only come into play when the drone is lower than the configured RTH height?
If it's above the RTH height it will return at the higher altitude.

Question:

See post #102, just six posts above yours.
Apparently DJI answered this question on their own forums.
Assuming, of course, that particular DJI rep isn't talking out of their stinkenloch ?

The fake GPS hack doesn't work (someone already posted a YT clip).
Flying the FCC in Europe restricts you to 5GHz band and doesn't allow to switch to 2.4GHz band - I'd say this is definitely a disadvantage.
And flying the FCC version in Europe at full FCC power is most probably illegal even though the frequencies are open (just at restricted power level)

Bottom line: considering that flights must be VLOS you're better off with the CE version as it gives you a broader range of frequencies.

Has anyone definitively proved this yet?

I'm about to pick up a MM from the US and bring it back to the UK with me, so this will directly affect me.

I could get one here in the UK now from Argos but I wanted a US one as I assumed it would FCC and therefore superior. If the above is true I'd be better getting the UK version.

Anyone know for sure?

I saw a report today from UK, one user made 3800 metres with mini CE model and said that signal stability is another world compared to spark CE. So maybe we europeans will be totally satisfied with CE mini and wont bother with boosting power.

On the other side there is a question what will happen with FCC model in europe in the future after some firmware upgrades by dji. Will it just pop up warning and stay in fcc power or will reduce power to CE standard. If it will reduce then it will be no benefits having american model.

I saw a report today from UK, one user made 3800 metres with mini CE model and said that signal stability is another world compared to spark CE. So maybe we europeans will be totally satisfied with CE mini and wont bother with boosting power.

On the other side there is a question what will happen with FCC model in europe in the future after some firmware upgrades by dji. Will it just pop up warning and stay in fcc power or will reduce power to CE standard. If it will reduce then it will be no benefits having american model.

Would be good to see it confirmed, but really irritating if true. Are you going to go ahead with the US purchase anyway?
1573658643078.png

Reactions: asko
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid