DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

I flew my mini at a field near my house today so still close to lots of noisy RF but managed a comfortable 800m at 40m AGL before I decided I really couldn't see it anymore so spun it back. The only time I had signal issues was on the return journey when I took it up to about 100m and I was overhead. There was no breakup at 800m and it was as responsive as did it was a lot closer.

Reactions: scooot
I flew my mini at a field near my house today so still close to lots of noisy RF but managed a comfortable 800m at 40m AGL before I decided I really couldn't see it anymore so spun it back. The only time I had signal issues was on the return journey when I took it up to about 100m and I was overhead. There was no breakup at 800m and it was as responsive as did it was a lot closer.
I haven’t been that brave yet.I was about 200 metres out and it looked bloody miles away?.No issues yet and a dream to fly.I find it flies and acts in the air very much like my original Mavic.

I am travelling to US to was going to pick up a MM fly more as cheaper than here in UK.

Is it confirmed that FCC version used in CE territory is worse than CE in CE territory due to reducing power of 5Ghz and no 2.4Ghz option?

Mine was similar location but I was separated from the housing estate by a single road and annoyingly my own house was the only WiFi signal I could see from the phone in the field. The the drone could see more but as an idea I was showing 5x 2.4ghz APs and 4x 5.8ghz APs all belonging to my own house! It's crazy to think how many wifi signals are out there causing noise and interference.

Last edited:
If I buy one in the USA, and bring it back to europe with me, will it have better range? can someone explain and why

you will have a worse signal because in the USA they do not have the 2.4ghz and here in Europe you will have a maximum 500m range

Today my first flight in Belgium with CE mode.
Easy to 1400m in an open area. Afterwards received a report of a bad connection. At this place I had a range of 600 meters with the Spark. I easily reached 800m above my village without any mention. I flew 2.4ghz manually with a high signal that was colored red.
Sorry for the spelling. This is a google translation.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
I am travelling to US to was going to pick up a MM fly more as cheaper than here in UK.

Is it confirmed that FCC version used in CE territory is worse than CE in CE territory due to reducing power of 5Ghz and no 2.4Ghz option?
Yes, you can only use it at 500 meters as much.

FCC drones only works at 5.8 GHz, and this band is limited to 500 meters in EU zone. This was explained by DJI moderators in the DJI forums.
I read it was only a dismissible warning when FCC is flown in CE rather than power reduction.
Seems there is a lot of miss information.

Today I went for a long distance test flight but stupidly forgot to swap it to 2.4ghz so this is a 5.8ghz distance test over fields near my house.
I tested it in the clear over the fields and got very very similar results to when I flew it in the opposite direction and ended up over more of a residential area... oops.
Sure, I lost signal just after that log but I'd actually just spun round so it was when I was coming back.

Also the DJI moderators have explained in the forums that the FCC model whilst outside of the FCC region WILL cut power back.

Attachments

• distance.jpg
    distance.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 81
You can't swap mid flight you can only swap before. Go to transmission and select manual then select a lower number. Which are the 2.4ghz channels.

Reactions: WooZie
i know i can't during the flight, but i didn't know lower channels are for 2.4 band, thank you

Oddly enough when I tested it before in the field the 2.4ghz area was showing as nice and quiet until I chose one of the channels then it showed as noisy and in red. Jump to 5.8ghz to a quiet channel and it just shows in grey, jump back and it goes from quiet to red. This seems to happen with others too. I think it might be the way the drone is showing signal as the 2.4ghz ones are closer together

Reactions: WooZie
so, when i change to manual i will have posibility to chose a channel, after that the connection will be reset i think....and after reseting will remain how i set it? I didn't do this before, i want to know the exact procedure, thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest