DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE Version of Mavic Mini. Big disadvantages in UK and EU.

If someone buys FCC in europe. Can he use fake gps (thus the drone thinks it is in USA) and sustain USA's FCC power and range? Is it possible?

If someone buys FCC in europe. Can he use fake gps (thus the drone thinks it is in USA) and sustain USA's FCC power and range? Is it possible?

No. This is not possible. The app gets its location from the drone and this overrides any fakegps app on the phone. This is actually covered in this post but it's not in English.

I've just had mine out to 1000m and it kept on coming home. I realised that I was too close to my neighbourhood as I was still on my home wifi at one point!
It was just too chilly to go further into the fields to check. At least I've got a decent baseline for distance on 2.4ghz.
hello go to a good area ive had 1701 meters with my ce version
take a look

hello go to a good area ive had 1701 meters with my ce version
take a look

I just disabled the high power standby access points in my attic which I never use and I managed to get 1658m from exactly the same spot so I know it was my own noise causing the problem.

Also have a look at your flight data in the app or airdata as i've found google maps is a bit iffy with distances when I've checked.

I just disabled the high power standby access points in my attic which I never use and I managed to get 1658m from exactly the same spot so I know it was my own noise causing the problem.

Also have a look at your flight data in the app or airdata as i've found google maps is a bit iffy with distances when I've checked.

Thanks for the reply I didn’t know the mini had a flight data so it’s in the app then

Yup also if you grab the actual video from the micro SD card and play it in something like VLC media player you can then turn on the subtitles and it'll show the height/distance on that too.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Yup also if you grab the actual video from the micro SD card and play it in something like VLC media player you can then turn on the subtitles and it'll show the height/distance on that too.

Thankyou very much

The flight data ended up showing 1627 meters distance better correct that video [emoji24]

So, bottom line, which is better to own in Europe?
- the FCC version will have a much stronger 5.8 transmission even in Europe compared to the CE version but nowhere near the power it would have flying in the US.
- The FCC version has no 2.4 band to fallback to for longer ranges in interference free environments.
- i think the trade off comes down to: are you willing to sacrifice the ~1.6km range in open space down to ~1.1km in order to gain better reception in urban areas? This might be an important point as the CE version seems to really struggle in interference rich environments.
- also, it’s possible that a new hack will eventually be available for the FCC version to allow it to go full power in Europe, i think this is something to keep in mind.

Reactions: Badgerman26
The new hack is unfortunately totally fake. It seems that when you buy a CE model you're left with CE power.

I was referring to hacking the FCC version into allowing full power when using it in Europe
911LinkMOD is a reliable hardware method for improving the quality of the control signal and video link, which is several times superior to FCC, FCC boost, configs and has increased noise immunity, which is important for cities. This is not a software method, but a hardware method, which significantly improves and optimizes the radio path.

You can fly with any flight program, you can update the firmware in the drone. You do not have to deny yourself new features.

After the upgrade, the quadrocopter flies many times further, maintaining stability of control and video link even in difficult conditions (interference, obstacles, etc.)

The appearance of the drone and the remote control remain unchanged.

The upgrade is not associated with the introduction of irreversible structural changes to the drone and remote. You won’t have to worry about losing your factory warranty. Also, there is no shift in operating frequencies; the drone and the remote control work exclusively in the ISM range.

Communication MOD owners receive a lifetime warranty, discounts and priority in the queue for the purchase of new products, comprehensive technical and information support.

that sounds like way to good to be true. Especially from a brand new community member :) Hopefully I’m wrong

After all of this I was thinking buying a used mavic air instead of mavic mini. You can easily change CE to FCC in mavic air and the price for a used mavic air is similar to a new mavic mini

Big problem with the Air is that’s insanely loud, which could be a problem depending where you’ll be flying it

Whatever you do to "tune" your drone, pls keep the legal restrictions in mind (which might be different depending on where you fly) - and if flying beyond these don't get caught for the sake of the drone community.

Drones already have a bad reputation, we really don't need more and tighter rules (and enforcment thereof)....

For example EU regulations are pretty clear and unambigous on VLOS: it translates to "the pilot must be able to fully control the drone movement without looking at the monitor at any time during the flight".

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S