DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Celebrate... Celebrate...! Passed my 107!

Kneebeard

FAA 107 Certified
Reactions
I passed my 107 today...!!

Very happy with my score considering the difficulty of the exam questions.

WhooWHOO! :)Thumbswayup

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks...! Woof!

Congrats!

Reactions: Kneebeard
Congratulations

Reactions: Kneebeard
Good question. To begin with, I learn by taking notes and reading on paper. I like being able to highlight with color and make comments and sketches in the margins. I think graphically, so for example I would draw a 500' building - then add a dimension with a little quad over it to help me visualize the maximum height allowed. If I can draw it, I can explain it, therefore I understand it. When the test date was drawing near I would go review my notes, highlighted areas and sketches - over and over again.
I used YouTube a lot and also took notes from the classes there as well. Tony and Chelsea Northtrop, DroneTribe, 3RD and Rupprechts Law. I looked for additional information on anything I was unsure about - sectional map details, how to read METARS/TAF and the like. I found my airport code and pulled the METAR and stated reading them.
I "killed a couple trees" and printed the FAA Study Guide FAA-G-8082-22, the Air Force Pamphlet 11-238 Quick Reference to the METAR and TAF Codes, the Airman Knowledge Supplement FAA-CT-8080-2H. I would take notes in the margins and flag the pages with those removable sticky flags.
I took all the sample tests I could find: Rupprechts Law, 3DR and Part107.org were a few suggested by T&CN - it was helpful. These provided me with a pattern of how the test questions would be presented - NOT the test questions.
The test was harder than I anticipated. There were deeper detailed questions on the sectional charts than the self study examples I was used to seeing.
I hope this help you. Everyone learns in different ways - this is just how I approached it.

Thank you all for the kind comments! [emoji4]

Well done, congrats!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki