DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cell phone vs Tablet. What do you use?

I use my phone, it defeats the purpose of being portable if you have bulky tablet with you.

Bulky to use or bulky to carry? My holder/extension folds up and fits in the back compartment of my flymore case. Carry is no big deal. It does feel a little clunkier to use, but the bigger screen is the whole reason to mess with it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 37
ah, I also forgot to mention the tablet holder/extension for your controller which is bulky.
I have a holder but in general prefer the tablet to go in the handles. The only exception is when I'm using a hood (and remember to bring that with me).

I mostly use an old Kata camera bag these days and there's plenty of room for whatever accessories I want.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone. Good size and 1200 nits hard to beat for brightness

I started with a phone.

I spent a lot of time looking for/buying the right tablet - got the DJI sunshade, the elevated tablet holder, the neck lanyard - the whole shabang.

I hated it.

It was too cumbersome and the bigger screen only caught bigger reflections, sunshade or not -- so, back to the phone I went and that's where I'm staying.

:p

I pad Mimi 4.

As a side note, anyone here use an anti-reflective screen protector on their iPad mini? If so, does it cut down on screen brightness?
Sometimes when using mine with the current screen protector and a hood, I still can see myself in the reflection.

I use a Moto Z4 with stand from Pgytech

I use a Moto Z4 with stand from Pgytech

I've got the original Z and a ton of battery mods. I can run the thing for days. :)

Cellphone. Note 10+ is big enough plus brighter than any tablet.

Same, was using a Pixel 2XL as well as an old LG tablet. The tablet started dying, so I was not comfortable using it any more with the drone and then changed phones and now just use the Note 10+. I still have a tablet mount so might pick one up at some point, but for now am happy using my phone.

Someone said a tablet has to have at least 4GB of RAM but many tablets on that list have 2 GB. Is 4 really necessary?

Cellphone, have used an LG G7 until now, but switching over to an Sony Xperia 1 with 6,7" screen. its 21:9 however, so little nervous how DJI GO4 going to look on it.

I've got the original Z and a ton of battery mods. I can run the thing for days. :)
I use a Moto Z2 to fly, and have a Z4 as my phone. Unfortunately, my Z4's USB Port developed a problem where It wont transmits data anymore, only charge, so I'm unable to fly with It.

Cellphone, have used an LG G7 until now, but switching over to an Sony Xperia 1 with 6,7" screen. its 21:9 however, so little nervous how DJI GO4 going to look on it.
I use a Moto Z2 to fly, and have a Z4 as my phone. Unfortunately, my Z4's USB Port developed a problem where It wont transmits data anymore, only charge, so I'm unable to fly with It.
Note that yours are the first posts here since March 7 and that the thread is almost a year old

The screen is beginning to come away from my Moto Z - I'm not sure if it's battery swelling or the heat. I'm thinking about using my iPhone instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt