DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Celsius to Fahrenheit?

Wow, lol. Yes, that thread got pretty warm. You’d think if DJI allows you to switch from Kilometers to Miles that they would have the Celsius to Fahrenheit. Guess I’ll start brushing up on my Celsius. Thanks for the link friend.

Reactions: WAXMAN and ff22
Wow, lol. Yes, that thread got pretty warm. You’d think if DJI allows you to switch from Kilometers to Miles that they would have the Celsius to Fahrenheit. Guess I’ll start brushing up on my Celsius. Thanks for the link friend.

I can do distance and elevation pretty well. Weight only so-so. Temperature - pretty poor. I cross-country ski and and hike. Celsius just does not compute. Spent three weeks x-country skiing in Norway last Feb and then three weeks hiking in Italy in July and trying to figure out how to dress or how **** hot it was going to be was just not easy - for me. I mean I can do the quickie conversions for warmer temps but x-country skiing needs a bit more precision besides "that is too **** cold!"

I guess you can grab some conversion chart as an app for whichever platform and switch to it.

Reactions: LordWinston
I personally prefer my temperatures shown on the Kelvin scale so as to be standardized with the scientific community and to be more cognizant of when molecular particles will stop all of their annoying vibratory motions.

Yes, that was one of the suggestions from the Linked thread. But, you know, when you are a certain age and have dealt with Fahr all of those many years it is not easy. There were exceptions back and I do mean BACK in college where Centigrade (Celsius) was used. I remember Kelvin, too, he sat next to me in organic chemistry.

Yeah, it's just that I'm so used to F that I don't want to be out flying and not realize the cells temperature are about to cause battery failure. I do know to keep it under 39 C so at least I have that down in my head.

Reactions: WAXMAN and ff22
Very easy, just double the Celsius # and add 30. Example say it’s 21 c
21 +21+30= 72deg Fahrenheit
Gets you within a degree or two within normal circumstances.
0 is 32 ( freezing point )
100 is 212 ( boiling point)
Gets you close, easy to compute in your head lol

Reactions: Ottobob
Celsius to Fahrenheit & Vicey Versey...

F to C: Deduct 32, multiply by 5, divide by 9
C to F: Multiply by 9, divide by 5, then add 32

Reactions: clovis09

Yes, I've done that for warmer temps. It is the "close to freezing" (above and below) where in cross-country skiing it is more critical than "nearly correct" or "close enough"

I can do distance and elevation pretty well. Weight only so-so. Temperature - pretty poor. I cross-country ski and and hike. Celsius just does not compute. Spent three weeks x-country skiing in Norway last Feb and then three weeks hiking in Italy in July and trying to figure out how to dress or how **** hot it was going to be was just not easy - for me. I mean I can do the quickie conversions for warmer temps but x-country skiing needs a bit more precision besides "that is too **** cold!"

I guess you can grab some conversion chart as an app for whichever platform and switch to it.
I have to do conversions all the time as engineer in a manufacturing environment. I use an iPhone app called Converter. There may be an Android version as well. Converts most measurements.

Reactions: ff22

This is gold brother. This I can work with. I likes. Thanks a million!!!

You only need get familiar with a few key numbers.
Anything with minus = below freezing and **** cold, unless from Canada or Scotland then consider a light jacket.
16C = 61F - comfortable outdoors, cool room indoors.
21C = 70F - warm day outside, nice room temp
Above 21C - getting too hot if you are from UK or Northern Europe/Canada.

i think there are only 2 countries that still use imperial measures.

when we converted back in the 70's, we used the saying, add 16 and then double it for C to F

i do know however that -40C and -40F are the same temps :)

i think there are only 2 countries that still use imperial measures.

when we converted back in the 70's, we used the saying, add 16 and then double it for C to F

i do know however that -40C and -40F are the same temps :)
And there's the key to the problem: just add 40 to whatever temperature you have, convert the degrees and subtract the 40. Works every time

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin