DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Certification # pending after registering with IACRA?

Lit Gimbal

Reactions
I passed my Part 107 test and registered on the FAA website.
The two questions I struggle with are: when you're a commercial pilot, do you have to register your drone under "commercial" section of FAA or is it fine to fly with a hobbyist tag even though you're licensed business pilot? Why does the temporary certificate have my license number pending on top and is thus invalid? Shall I wait for the permanent card?
Thank you all!

You must fly a Commercially Registered aircraft "Commercially".

fortunately a Commercially registered aircraft can be legally flown for hobby or commerce. Inversly a Hobby registered aircraft can ONLY be flown for hobby.

It states PENDING because a # has not been assigned to it yet. If you're applying for Authorization/Waiver use PENDING in the # field. You are legally allowed to start utilizing your Part 107 now.

You must fly a Commercially Registered aircraft "Commercially".

fortunately a Commercially registered aircraft can be legally flown for hobby or commerce. Inversly a Hobby registered aircraft can ONLY be flown for hobby.

It states PENDING because a # has not been assigned to it yet. If you're applying for Authorization/Waiver use PENDING in the # field. You are legally allowed to start utilizing your Part 107 now.
Thanks man! Did not know that! Shall I register the drone another time, but this one under commercial sector of FAA website (because I cannot switch from hobbyist to commercial)? Appreciate it!

Thanks man! Did not know that! Shall I register the drone another time, but this one under commercial sector of FAA website (because I cannot switch from hobbyist to commercial)? Appreciate it!

Yes go into FAA Drone Zone and register under Part 107 Dashboard. Then remove the Hobby Reg# from your aicraft and replace it with the Part 107 Reg#. Thank goodness it's only $5.

Reactions: DavidNDC
I had to do a similar thing when I first got my drone I had to register as a Hobbyist, however, a month later I passed my 107 and had to register that aircraft under 107.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs