DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CFixer DEGAUSSING TOOL FOR DJI DRONE

Hollow Dog

Reactions

CFixer - degaussing tool for DJI drone
Has anyone used this, needed to use this or have any comments about this?

We used to use a magnet with our P2's to do that or some did when
first doing IMU or Compass Calibrations didn't fix issues .

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray_seagull
The basic premise, that components can become magnetized, is correct, but the assertion that it could happen from flying near power lines is incorrect. Demagnetization tools are quite common, but whether or not that particular one works is impossible to know without testing it. I'd probably go with something with a more well-established provenance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea like a magnetized screwdriver .:)

Reactions: Flycaster
I was always concerned about a magnetized tool magnetizing the screws holding the compass bracket on the P2, and so I was pretty careful about keeping those degaussed.
I know . We were both back there then when all this was going on .
Was messing with ya :)

CFIXER COMPASS.jpg Cfixer: Compass degausser or just more Snake Oil ?

Is it for real or not. Or snake oil like the guy says. But then again another guy thinks it took care of his problems, so what side of the fence, are you on.
If anything I think it might demagnetize any metallic components that are near compass which could be affecting the compass, In the manual DJI, tells you to be at least 20ft from any metal underground, like wire, steel rod and even your electronic watch could affect the compass like screws, etc.according to DJI. So for $75 and it solves your problem I guess I would have to give it a chance. I did email CFixer is the Compass Error Fixer the company with no reply to any of my questions.

Cfixer: Compass degausser or just more Snake Oil ?

View attachment 41434 Cfixer: Compass degausser or just more Snake Oil ?

Is it for real or not. Or snake oil like the guy says. But then again another guy thinks it took care of his problems, so what side of the fence, are you on.
If anything I think it might demagnetize any metallic components that are near compass which could be affecting the compass, In the manual DJI, tells you to be at least 20ft from any metal underground, like wire, steel rod and even your electronic watch could affect the compass like screws, etc.according to DJI. So for $75 and it solves your problem I guess I would have to give it a chance. I did email CFixer is the Compass Error Fixer the company with no reply to any of my questions.

Cfixer: Compass degausser or just more Snake Oil ?

It's simply a demagnetizing tool. Not uncommon, although less common now perhaps than back in the days of tape recorders. It presumably works, since the technology is quite trivial, but you can find perfectly functional demagnetizing tools for a fraction of that price.

The only advantage clearly evident to me is the ability to power it from your drone battery with the optional add-on connector (specific one for each drone). This would allow it to work in a remote location and adds convenience.

How long do you think it would take to spread magnetic interference or properties through out the drone? The gimbal is loaded with magnets. And I realized the other day that the flash lights that come with the night flyer set were magnetic. Tools and storage near a speaker unit in a vehicle as well as magnetic interference depending upon the location. I fly near a soccer field and happened to find out behind is a iron manufacturing plat. As well as the electrical wiring of the stadium lights not more the than 3 feet below the grass. My mavic acts up every time near the corner of the last field closest to the iron worked. Not sure what happens to things near iron working and electricity but I lose signal from phone drone as well as other pilots who fly around the same area. I almost hit power lines when losing control. Misses them barely. Thinking about anything thing that might help?

How long do you think it would take to spread magnetic interference or properties through out the drone?
If you referring to magnetizing the compass, it's not very common. Many of those people who have done it have set their drone near a speaker in a car (like a subwoofer in the trunk) or on top of things that contain strong magnets (like a home theater speaker).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123