DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chances of Asteroid Mode for Mavic Pro?

Kymadn

Reactions
Hey guys, i have been looking at the new Mavic air today and came across the asteroid mode. Would love to have that feature in my Mavic Pro to do these shots in my videos. Whats the chances of this happening in future firmware updates? Surely the Mavic Pro hardware is capable of doing this?

Hey guys, i have been looking at the new Mavic air today and came across the asteroid mode. Would love to have that feature in my Mavic Pro to do these shots in my videos. Whats the chances of this happening in future firmware updates? Surely the Mavic Pro hardware is capable of doing this?
I am guessing it would be a slim chance because as it would give DJI more leverage on consumers to upgrade to the Mavic Air

It's only a silly gimmick you might try a couple of times.
It won't be possible in the way it's implemented on Mavic Air however you can make similar planet images in other software.

Reactions: Zyskman78
Believe it or not it’s not that hard to do manually, it just takes practice. Try it, start fying around yourself although I find it easier with goggles on.

I'm pretty sure that some of the new MA modes will become available for the MP. That's DJI's strategy to lure in everybody to keep updating, meanwhile sneaking in stuff that you wouldn't want at all. The MA segment will be heavily nannied for sure and future GO4 updates will reflect that.

Not only asteroid I’m waiting hopefully the inception like photos 3:)

Reactions: jcp411 and Neebles
It has a lot of features that the Mavic Pro does not have, but I'm sure we'll see many of those (and then some) when the Mavic Pro 2 is announced.

Believe it or not it’s not that hard to do manually, it just takes practice. Try it, start fying around yourself although I find it easier with goggles on.

But the asteroid mode not only does the flying but also the photo stitching. Its sort of an automatic cinematic that you dont have to spend much time editing to get the same effect

Last edited:
I thought so, it’s a mid range drone in between the spark and Mavic Pro and that’s it

Upgrade was probably not the correct word i was looking for. In saying that i consider the portability a big benefit in what i do. Really the Air does everything the MP can do with the exception of Ocusync and remote telemetry.

I am guessing it would be a slim chance because as it would give DJI more leverage on consumers to upgrade to the Mavic Air

I’m to go sure it’s an upgrade over than Mavic pro though.

Upgrade was probably not the correct word i was looking for. In saying that i consider the portability a big benefit in what i do. Really the Air does everything the MP can do with the exception of Ocusync and remote telemetry.

It’s more the other way around really, plus the Mavic Pro as a lot more intelligent flights mode according to the compare.

Better aperture and iso occusync and flight time also the better remote that according to compare at dji
Consumer Drones Comparison- DJI

I think that DJI will eventually include the Mode in one of their numerous updates to keep the Mavic fresh and relevant. Otherwise their customers will gravitate away from the Mavic and hinder pricing of their aircraft’s line up.

Maybe they want to reduce production costs of the Mavic in preparation for next Generation of Mavic 2.

Keeping fingers crossed for an update.

Last edited:
I stay with the old firmware and take the super-sportmode, no windwarnings and height restrictions over "asteroid- boomerang-modes" anytime!!

Reactions: Neebles

It doesn’t have the battery capacity or the range either.

The air doesn't use Ocusync it uses WiFi, so like when you connect your phone directly to the Mavic.

Just like the Phantom 3 standard and we know how bad the fpv signal is on any phone or tablet, sorry but extra modes or not, I’m not giving up my MP for definite

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu