DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change registration info?

Pitchpost

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic 3 classic from the original owner, I am having trouble changing the registration info on it.
It currently shows his email address, and I cannot seem to figure out to change it to mine.

I have changed the name and registered the drone with the FAA, I just haven't found the way to change the previous owners email??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Much

I'm not 100% but I don't think you can hijack someone's FAA registration number. You have to create, pay $5, and maintain your own registration number. Which means you can delete the drone details from his FAA registration and then add it to your FAA registration. This means you need to pull the number off that drone and replace it with your own number. The email address is not the owner, it's the method to contact the registration by email. This is how it should work for recreational flyers.

You have to create, pay $5, and maintain your own registration number.
That's correct.

Which means you can delete the drone details from his FAA registration and then add it to your FAA registration.
Most people shouldn't have access to someone else's FAA account, so I'm not sure this step is necessary.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Ok, I did use the Mavic's serial # when I registered the drone under my account.
So I guess I don't need to concern myself with what email shows up on the controller.

Thanks

I guess I don't need to concern myself with what email shows up on the controller
Your FAA account and DJI account aren't related in any way. So, you're correct in saying the email displayed on the remote controller does not affect your FAA registration.

However, it sounds like you're saying you're logged into the previous owner's DJI account on your remote controller. If that's the case, you should log out of the previous owner's DJI account by going to "Profile" --> "Settings" --> "Log Out" (scroll down to the bottom).

Before logging out though, you should unbind the drone from the previous owner's DJI account. If you don't do that before logging out, you will not be able to bind the drone to your DJI account. To unbind the drone, go to "Profile" --> "Device Management" --> select the Mavic 3 Classic drone --> and tap "Remove Device from Account".

Your FAA account and DJI account aren't related in any way. So, you're correct in saying the email displayed on the remote controller does not affect your FAA registration.

However, it sounds like you're saying you're logged into the previous owner's DJI account on your remote controller. If that's the case, you should log out of the previous owner's DJI account by going to "Profile" --> "Settings" --> "Log Out" (scroll down to the bottom).

Before logging out though, you should unbind the drone from the previous owner's DJI account. If you don't do that before logging out, you will not be able to bind the drone to your DJI account. To unbind the drone, go to "Profile" --> "Device Management" --> select the Mavic 3 Classic drone --> and tap "Remove Device from Account".
Thank You !!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne