DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Change the lens or camera?

timesnaps

Reactions
Now, I understand that the Mavic is a self contained system, but just wondering if anyone had any success in changing the gimbal / camera / lens? I would much prefer a less wide lens, something around 24-30mm. I guess there might be a way to use a lens adapter, but that would likely make the image quality rather poor.

So, just asking. I understand that the P4 Pro has better resolution and could be therefore cropped. Maybe we need to wait for a Mavic Pro 2

Cheers

I think an aftermarket lens adapter, if you could find one, would be your best bet.

I have found that the lens itself is not detachable. You can remove the whole camera body from the gimbal, but then theres the circuit board inside that I havent been able to remove on multiple attempts without damaging it.

Reactions: timesnaps
I think an aftermarket lens adapter, if you could find one, would be your best bet.

I have found that the lens itself is not detachable. You can remove the whole camera body from the gimbal, but then theres the circuit board inside that I havent been able to remove on multiple attempts without damaging it.
thanks. Appreciate your reply, even if its not what I hoped to hear. The part where u say 'multiple attempts...' got me scared! ha

I wonder the same, if anyone had mounted the p4 advanced camera, since it has 1" sensor, it makes a big difference in image quality.

Also consider the following; even if the actual physical mounting of the camera is successful, there is a high probability that the actual on device SW does not support it.

If it can be upgraded in the future, there will no need to buy a new drone for many years.

If it can be upgraded in the future, there will no need to buy a new drone for many years.

Unfortunately, the answer is no to the Mavic and the Phantom line. One of the reasons I love the Inspire line, only downside are the price tag and the size of the drone.

DJI could easily implement what Autel Robotics did with the X-Star line drone on the Phantom / Mavic, the camera is fully detachable and upgradeable, no need to buy a new drone for many years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty