DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Changing from iPhone to Samsung

mw8888

Reactions
Hi,
I currently have a Mavic Pro that is set up for my iPhone. I am now changing my phone to a Samsung, how do I keep using my Mavic Pro with the new Samsung? Can I just get a new wire for Mavic that connects with the Samsung - the one that runs down the left of the controller. If so then do you know how I order that wire? Or is it more fundamental than that - like different software or something? If so then is there an update or a fix?

Thanks,
Matt

I got my Mavic last week and it came with both cables supplied.
I was worried about all the poor reviews that Android users were posting on Google Play regarding the use of Android devices and DJI GO. None of this has been an issue for me, connects fine with no problems.

Reactions: Rob1963
You should have got in you orginal Mavic box three cables that plug into the side USB port.
1 for iPhone, 1 for android micro USB and 1 for USB sub C.
If you have lost these then just use any short USB to micro USB cable and plug into the bottom port of the RC but make sure you have nothing pluged into the side USB port when using the bottom USB.

Reactions: tcflyr
My S8+ works awesome. My apple frinds seen the quality resolution and battery life with the DJI app running they switched.

Galaxys8+ is outstanding! I even added 2 different mounting adapters. Tablet style and above controller mount for it. Love it. Android and Samsung knocked this one out of tbe park

Hi,
I currently have a Mavic Pro that is set up for my iPhone. I am now changing my phone to a Samsung, how do I keep using my Mavic Pro with the new Samsung? Can I just get a new wire for Mavic that connects with the Samsung - the one that runs down the left of the controller. If so then do you know how I order that wire? Or is it more fundamental than that - like different software or something? If so then is there an update or a fix?

Thanks,
Matt
Can't understand why anyone would want to do that.

BTW, as previously stated, you should have gotten the three different type of cables in the box, but you can buy them just about anywhere, DJI, Amazon, etc, in fact I have one that will fit your Samsung, send me your address, I will mail it to you. I never plan on using it.

Those cables come in a white plastic bag that comes with your kit. But its best to use the regular usb plug under the center of the controller then that whimpy cable that plugs in the side of the controller. You will have a better connection. Many post on you tube about this.

Thanks all for the responses, I must have missed the other cables it arrived with in my excitement when I first set it up. I should still have the original packaging so will dig it out, but it sounds like the recommendation is to use the regular USB plug under the centre of the controller so will try that too. Cheers,

I thought I had seen somewhere that USB to mini USB cables are either data or charging and you want to make sure you get the data one.

Yes youll need data cable from what I hear too. Didnt know there was a difference but The one I use works great. Lots of reccomendations on you tube from the top 5 Mavic Pro Pilot review goo roos. I ordered mine from Amazon. Braided cable is sweet and they have the 90° bend so the cable wontvstick outvto far to bother your hand while flying.

My S8+ works awesome. My apple frinds seen the quality resolution and battery life with the DJI app running they switched.
I have an S8+ and for the past month, I can't enable the histogram. When I toggle it on, and return to the main screen, no histogram. Then I return to settings and it's toggled off again. Have you had this problem? DJI support said S8+ is not supported, but it worked fine before!

Many phones and tablets 'worked before' and dont now as DJI continue to bloat out the Go4 crapp with Secneo or whatever it is they are doing..

Thanks all for the responses, I must have missed the other cables it arrived with in my excitement when I first set it up. I should still have the original packaging so will dig it out, but it sounds like the recommendation is to use the regular USB plug under the centre of the controller so will try that too. Cheers,

I use my mavic with my Samsung tab s3 9.7 and it only works on the port on the left of the controller. It connects no problem every time though.

Attachments

• 20180308_023231.jpg
    20180308_023231.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Why not just use the old iphone as a dedicated mavic device? take out the sim card and have a dependable setup.

Reactions: chazzm
Why not just use the old iphone as a dedicated mavic device? take out the sim card and have a dependable setup.
That's what I do. My old S6 is worth nothing, but once I cleared it out, it's perfect for flying and stays in the bag with the rest of my flying gear.
This also keeps your regular phone free for calls.

That’s exactly what I’ve done myself! Except I bought a new iPhone 7 so I took the SIM card out of my old iPhone 6 Plus and use it as a dedicated drone phone LoL, works excellently!

I'm using my old Samsung Galaxy S5 without SIM card and it's been rock solid. Don't know if it makes a difference but i use the USB 3.0 A to micro B cable to go between the S5 and the RC.

Hi,

Thanks,
Matt
If you’re not turning your old phone in, why not keep it for the Mavic exclusively. My daughter purchased a new phone and gave me her old iPhone 6. I keep it in my Mavic bag only for the drone. Works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998