DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging a new Air2s battery for the first time

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey All,

I hope you're all well.

I've been flying my Air2s for about 1 year now all good. I've 2 batteries which I use.

I've bought another battery this week but was wondering - am I ok to start charging it (i.e. it's first charge) in the charging hub ?

I seem to remember (maybe a while back), could have been for the MA or MA2 that there was some discussion that a new battery should be first charged individually first with the "single charger" and not the hub ? - maybe this is not relevant anymore

Any thoughts/advice would be great

Thanks Ro

I’m not aware that the battery will know the difference to what it’s connected to. Is there info in the manual that would reference this?

Reactions: RonanCork
@RonanCork the battery comes in sleep mode, and as you know the charge hub for some reason, did not recognise this feature, and communicate with the BMS, and allow charging to take place,
i to remembered the issues, so when i recently received my Mini 3 with the fly more, that has the charge hub ,i decided to put each separate battery into the drone, and put about 25% charge into them to wake them up ,this seemed to work ,and then they charged to full in the hub afterwards
i am not saying that it was necessary to do that ,and for all i know ,they would have charged up fine in the hub,

Reactions: RonanCork
Hi Charge the battery without the hub and when you put in the drone it requires a firmware update , it's basically the battery that get the new firmware, trust me I did this last week with a new battery from DJI support.

Reactions: Jim Holtan
Hi Charge the battery without the hub and when you put in the drone it requires a firmware update , it's basically the battery that get the new firmware, trust me I did this last week with a new battery from DJI support.
Hey, thanks for the details. Oops I'm already after charging them both in the hub now. One is fully charged and the one is nearly done. Presume I can just, when in the drone, update when prompted, to get the new firmware?
Thanks Ro

Reactions: CCYooper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope