DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging both batteries and controller ?

François D.

Reactions
Hi,

Is it possible to charge the batteries on the Charging Hub and plug the RC in it with another usb-c/usb cable to charge it in the same time ?

Thanks !

I have a MA2 so I'm not sure how it is with a mini, I have one of these hubs and it allows me to charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time. Again not sure how it is with the Mini.

Hi,

Is it possible to charge the batteries on the Charging Hub and plug the RC in it with another usb-c/usb cable to charge it in the same time ?

Thanks !
Pretty sure the answer is in your owners manual. But we will dive deeper into the answer....The simple answer is yes you can regardless. All your charger is, is a basic power supply. So you can't get more than it can give or "Over Drive" it.

You will find that charging time all the way around is going to be much slower as you are "robbing Peter to pay Paul" this has been a common question for over 5 years with DJI products. They say you shouldn't, but "we" have proven you can with no ill effects (Sans Charging time)...that being said...why bother just get a nice charger for the remote for a few bucks and charge everything as fast as you can. You more than likely have a smart phone charger laying around that will supply more current as a solo charger than daisy chaining your DJI charger anyway. :)

Pretty sure the answer is in your owners manual. But we will dive deeper into the answer....The simple answer is yes you can regardless. All your charger is, is a basic power supply. So you can't get more than it can give or "Over Drive" it.

You will find that charging time all the way around is going to be much slower as you are "robbing Peter to pay Paul" this has been a common question for over 5 years with DJI products. They say you shouldn't, but "we" have proven you can with no ill effects (Sans Charging time)...that being said...why bother just get a nice charger for the remote for a few bucks and charge everything as fast as you can. You more than likely have a smart phone charger laying around that will supply more current as a solo charger than daisy chaining your DJI charger anyway. :)

Thanks for your answer ! I do have one which is a 36 W (the DJI one is a 18W). Will it be okay ?

Remember you can charge one battery in the drone, two in the hub, and the remote from another charger, this is quicker than waiting for the hub to charge all three in sequence, saves at least 90 minutes overall.

when you use the hub to charge the batteries you plug the RC into the hub and it charges the RC after all the batteries are charged,it would be better to charge the RC from another power brick at the same time as the other batteries are being charged,otherwise you can buy another charger that will charge all the batteries and the RC at the same time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake