DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging issue

Marc b

Reactions
Hi, i recently baught a new mavic pro. First time i charged the batteries there was no issue ( adaptor was able to charge all 3 of my batteries and remote) but when i came back and tried charging the battery and remote, it started charging for a bit then it stopped. Ever since, each time i leave the batteries and remote charging, it stops after a bit.
I don t think its a problem from the battery since there is the same issue for the remote

Hi, i recently baught a new mavic pro. First time i charged the batteries there was no issue ( adaptor was able to charge all 3 of my batteries and remote) but when i came back and tried charging the battery and remote, it started charging for a bit then it stopped. Ever since, each time i leave the batteries and remote charging, it stops after a bit.
I don t think its a problem from the battery since there is the same issue for the remote

Are you charging from a car battery?

More information: Voltage of battery (Total and cell-by-cell), voltage of charger, color of light on top of charger - all of that at start and finish of your attempt. Have you tried charging the battery by itself and the charger by itself? Results of that test, please...

More information: Voltage of battery (Total and cell-by-cell), voltage of charger, color of light on top of charger - all of that at start and finish of your attempt. Have you tried charging the battery by itself and the charger by itself? Results of that test, please...
I am Currently not home, so i can t check battery voltage. What i can tell you is that it will stop charging weather only the battery is plugged in, weather only the remote is charging or both. I have also realised that after it stops charging, there is still electricity at the end of the cables that plug into the remote and battery ( the tips electrify me when i touch them ). I can also hear a buzzing sound coming from the wall adaptor. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Yes, there should always be voltage at the end of the wires, the charge control circuitry is on the battery and controller. The only way to get an idea of what's going on is to get voltages. What is this wall adapter you have? Here in the US the charger is a desktop brick. Does the wall adapter feed something like that? Is it a plug converter (like round to blade) or a voltage converter? Buzzing is never really a welcome event. How long is "after a bit" 1 minute? 10?

Yes, there should always be voltage at the end of the wires, the charge control circuitry is on the battery and controller. The only way to get an idea of what's going on is to get voltages. What is this wall adapter you have? Here in the US the charger is a desktop brick. Does the wall adapter feed something like that? Is it a plug converter (like round to blade) or a voltage converter? Buzzing is never really a welcome event. How long is "after a bit" 1 minute? 10?
Baught the drone from dubai airport, alltho it came with a cable with flat bladed plugg ( i think its the one used in us ), it said on the adaptor that it could take 110-220 V . The adaptor is a bric that plugs into the wall, and can feed both the remote ( threw USB and the dji batteries ( threw a cable attached to the bric).
Charging stops after around 5 min. I m not sure but i think that it depends how hot the adaptor is. Is the adaptor becoming hot normal? (I wouldn t say that it becomes burning hot but its pretty warm )

Attachments

• 1514055041659177399792.jpg
    1514055041659177399792.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Okay. F1C50 is the same model charger I've got. The cord you are using to plug into the wall, did that come with the charger or did you buy separately? The charger should not get hot, a bit warm maybe.

Okay. F1C50 is the same model charger I've got. The cord you are using to plug into the wall, did that come with the charger or did you buy separately? The charger should not get hot, a bit warm maybe.
I m using a different cable. Only difference brtween it and the one that came with the drone is the end that pluggs into the wall. The one that i use is a type c ( two rounded rods ) the one that came with the drone is a type a ( two flat metal blades) .

If you have a Type C to Type A pass through adapter you could try that just to rule out the non-DJI cord. You can charge the controller off a regular 2 Amp USB charger (like for a tablet) but the drone batteries are a weird voltage. If the stock cord has the same problem then you're down to having a bad charger.

Tried switching the cable, same problem. The bric is getting really hot. Also noticed that before that the charging stopped, the battery lights up all 4 of lights then stops.
What i find is really wierd is that i was able to charge all of my stuff the first time. What could have happened for it to stop working?

Last edited:
Yeah, If it turns out to be something else ( i doubt it will) , ill be sure to report back. Thanks a lot for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka