DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Charging warm/hot batteries

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
As I am studying for another drone license, one part is about LiPo batteries. And in my book, they recommend never to charge a warm/hot battery.
Because I have the charging hub from DJI, I always put the replaced battery directly after the flight on the hub.
Am I doing something wrong here? Personally I don't think. Standard for LiPo is 45C.

Any thoughts?

The batteries have built-in protection. If they are too warm, they will not charge.

I usually put them on the charging hub when I come back from flying and just walk away.. the last used battery will usually refuse to charge at first but eventually it cools off and charges with all the others. I figured if they built in the protection I may as well just use it to my advantage, i.e. not having to worry about charging it at the wrong time.

Reactions: Former Member
Intelligent or not, Lithium batteries are nothing to trifle with. Why not just let it cool and then plug it in. Plugging in Lithium and walking away is not recommended. Ask the sailors at Pearl Harbor that left a lithium battery on the charger when they left on Friday. Saturday there was a nice little $200 million dollar fire.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting