DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap Mavic accessory that saves me a lot of hassle

This thing makes it so much easier to get the Mavic ready for storage. Putting the original gimbal clamp on always was very finicky for me, and it is so easy to loose that thing to. Then put the dome over it (which by itself is useless since it causes way too much glare). This does it all in one, and is much easier to get over the gimbal too.

Amazon.com: Teenitor Lens Filter Gimbal Cover Camera Protector Drone Accessory For DJI Mavic Pro Transparent Gray: Toys & Games
Kona , I like it But I do have one question :: will it cause a gimbal overload error being that the gimbal does Pan Left/ Right in flight when the Mavic is yawing ???

This Should NOT be left on during flight.It should be removed prior to turning on the mavic.
The way the op explained it ,it was as if he was flying with it on ---- That's why I ask because he stated :: (which by itself is useless since it causes way too much glare). Why care about Glare if you use it for storage ?

The way the op explained it ,it was as if he was flying with it on ---- That's why I ask

Yes,just re read the op.I see what you are saying when he mentions glare but I think he is referring to the original supplied one.
The one in the link is basically a Gimbal lock and bubble protector for storage.[emoji106]

Yes,just re read the op.I see what you are saying when he mentions glare but I think he is referring to the original supplied one.
The one in the link is basically a Gimbal lock and bubble protector for storage.[emoji106]
Understood , Thanks for correcting my interpretation of his post Thumbswayup

So wait.. can this be kept on during flight? I usually take mine off but I wrecked today and got lucky my gimbal didn't get damaged. I'm thinking about flying with a protector on from now on.

No don't. Right behind the camera is an air induction system to keep the Mavic cool with flowing air. Keeping it on will only make it hot and maybe fall out of the sky. ;)

Yeah, I just meant to say that having separate bubble and lock is pointless when the bubble doesn't work. This product I'm recommending can't be used during flight.

Reactions: scooot
I bought one of those also, and it works great, I hated the DJI gimbal clamp

Does it hold the gimbal firmly in place when it is shaken?

The stock clamp is a pain to use, but my road trips are often over rough motorcycling roads and the Mavic is certainly exposed to heavy shaking at times.

Does it hold the gimbal firmly in place when it is shaken?

The stock clamp is a pain to use, but my road trips are often over rough motorcycling roads and the Mavic is certainly exposed to heavy shaking at times.

Actually, any recommendations for the highest level of gimbal protection would also be appreciated.

Yes I agree it is great.

This thing makes it so much easier to get the Mavic ready for storage. Putting the original gimbal clamp on always was very finicky for me, and it is so easy to loose that thing to. Then put the dome over it (which by itself is useless since it causes way too much glare). This does it all in one, and is much easier to get over the gimbal too. Highly recommend it.

Amazon.com: Teenitor Lens Filter Gimbal Cover Camera Protector Drone Accessory For DJI Mavic Pro Transparent Gray: Toys & Games

This thing makes it so much easier to get the Mavic ready for storage. Putting the original gimbal clamp on always was very finicky for me, and it is so easy to loose that thing to. Then put the dome over it (which by itself is useless since it causes way too much glare). This does it all in one, and is much easier to get over the gimbal too. Highly recommend it.

Lol, mine is due to be delivered today. Thanks Amazon Prime 2-day shipping. I saw advertised on Drone Valley but he wanted $15. I know, I know, the guy's trying to make a living. At the moment I am squeezing every $ to get all the accessories I need for my MP. After 2 months of ownership my gimbal cover lost one of the tiny tabs. It still holds on with the other tiny tab on that end and the big tab on the other. All I need is for it to unnoticingly break, come of in bag/case and the gimbal gets damaged or camera lens gets scratched somehow.

I just order one. looks good.

Are these really important... I have been using my MP since Nov and I lost the stupid plastic piece the second it came off...

the gimbal moves a bit, but is it not meant to? I am sorry if that sounds ignorant, but I never clamped my P3A down..

This is one of those things DJI should have done in the first place. I just don't get why its tinted? You can't leave it on during flight o_O

Reactions: woodmnctry
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead