DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check my 4K Footage Please

Splats

Reactions
Can you guys with 4K capable hardware please download this ungraded 4k d-cinelike file I shot on my MA and play it back to see how it looks. When I view the file directly off the drone on my computer there are loads of artifacts and insane levels of noise in the blacks (my clothing is literally dancing with noise).

However, when I scale to 1080p in Premier Pro CC and export it back out the footage is fine. There's still a tiny bit of noise in the black but I'm 90% sure this is just the way the MA is (some noise, even on ISO100).

I have downloaded an MA 4K raw file before and it played fine on my rig, so I'm a little confused as to what's going on here. My conclusion is that my processing/graphics capabilities are insufficient to even play the 4K 100mbits per second file and the artifacts and noise are being produced in real-time and are not, in fact, baked into the footage.

If those of you with 4K capable hardware view this file and say it's fine then we'll know for sure. Please note, the file looks OK in the video preview this host offers. However, I have to assume some scaling or compression may take place. Please download the entire file and play locally.

Please also note I didn't dress with the expectation I'd be posting my first boomerang online. I literally threw cottons, trainers and a jacket on to go fly :D

Looks perfectly good to me. No artifacts or issues of any kind. (other than the light snow on the ground... Brrr...)

Thanks, figured that would be the case. I suspect my humble little computer just can't cope with the raw footage off the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio