DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check Your Gimbal

Robbyg

Reactions
Seems like this is becoming an epidemic.

Any ideas, are the screws being tightened too much at the factory?
Should we loosen them up a bit?

Just inspected mine. Mine's healthy. I'll be sure to vaccinate it.

:D:p:p

When I see a guy like Peter have this problem it gets me worried. He takes really good care of his stuff. I am dying to see what DJI sends him. Most likely for him it will be NIB but for the rest of us this would be a very worrisome problem. Do I return my Mavic for some hair line cracks that may or may not affect it and take the chance of getting a rebuilt one that was not cared for or do I just keep it and hope for the best.

Rob

i saw his video last night, i checked mine and it's gtg, it's like buying a new car model - the first ones off the line is going to have issues...

Reactions: Scapegoat
:D:p:p

When I see a guy like Peter have this problem it gets me worried. He takes really good care of his stuff. I am dying to see what DJI sends him. Most likely for him it will be NIB but for the rest of us this would be a very worrisome problem. Do I return my Mavic for some hair line cracks that may or may not affect it and take the chance of getting a rebuilt one that was not cared for or do I just keep it and hope for the best.

Rob
I doubt a hairline crack is an issue. It's not like we're dealing with a pressure chamber.

Well my mavic is a couple weeks old and it seems to have what looks like a crack in dang near the same spot he has. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Now my question is..... Am I going to get a refurbished mavic back???? Is it worth the gamble for something like this??? I'm not concerned about the 2-3 week wait, it's still pretty cold out, but I really don't want a refub unit back!View media item 468

Well my mavic is a couple weeks old and it seems to have what looks like a crack in dang near the same spot he has. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Now my question is..... Am I going to get a refurbished mavic back???? Is it worth the gamble for something like this??? I'm not concerned about the 2-3 week wait, it's still pretty cold out, but I really don't want a refub unit back!View media item 468

I returned to Amazon my P3P 4-5 weeks after it developed a stress crack last year. Full refund. If it's less than a month old I'd try for a full refund then repurchase new. You don't know what DJI will send back.

Reactions: jloud
I returned to Amazon my P3P 4-5 weeks after it developed a stress crack last year. Full refund. If it's less than a month old I'd try for a full refund then repurchase new. You don't know what DJI will send back.
I bought it directly from them! booooo

If mine ever develops one i'm just gonna ignore it, Not chancing them. Only time i'll send it back is if I crash because then i'll use my care refresh I bought but other than that no way am I taking a chance.
That's kinda where I'm at right now too. Too risky. They are just scrambling to get things out and that spells trouble.

Reactions: Kestrel
Its sad when you have zero faith in them like that. Like I said before, for a Chinese company they make awesome drones when they work but when you have to use their customer service the made in China really shows its self.

Reactions: Kordster and Robbyg
Could it be that incorrect fitting of the gimbal clamp can also cause this? In the video and the picture he added to the forms, he had it incorrectly fitte. It was seated behind the gimbal.
I do think it was from an over-torqued screw but maybe that exacerbated it.

Yeah I checked mine as well and everything looks fine no hair cracks, however I am noticing the black scrapes behind the gimbal you were talking about, mine is very small and hard to see but a very small chip black mark.... not sure what it could be from I put a picture so you know what I'm talking about

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 233
A hairline crack on the gimble cover that doubles as the disc that slides into the gimbal clamp led to me investigate further. Dissassembly revealed that the crack was propagating across the width of the part. I've glued it for now but it is going to need strengthening or replacing. I'm not sending it back as I feel I've got a good drone camera and control system wise and I've just wrapped it in preparation to the camo paint job I've got planned!

so guys.. since I'll put my hands on my mavic in few days, and yes i'm over worried lol, if there is that crack or that base has fell down(like it happened to many others) you can still fly it?
if I can still fly it sure I won't use my dji refresh...

20170308_012545-1.jpg

My 3 week old Mavic. And my Phantom 3 is also in for repair after dropping from the sky after a firmware update.

Not checked mine, but mine was fine when I last went out, it worked OK! Crack or not!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas