DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CHECKING: ADS-B Model?

Air_Deo

Reactions
Hi all ... considering ordering Mavic Air 2, I know that the North American models are the only ones that have ADS-B (AirSense) built into them, and the other models don't. I'm in Canada (Toronto), is there anyway to confirm once I get my drone which model I have and if ADS-B is built into it. Little paranoid ordering at the moment from DJI directly, because I think they might mess up the model given to me upon ording, but the tax/duty savings are significant.

Would love to read some of your insight on the above, especially if you are ordering the Mavic Air 2 from Canada. Did you buy directly from DJI, Amazon, Best Buy, or other?

If it has it it should say "ADS-B Airsense" right on the front leg.
The model numbers are also different, and you will be asked to enable it in the app as well I believe.

If it has it it should say "ADS-B Airsense" right on the front leg.
The model numbers are also different, and you will be asked to enable it in the app as well I believe.

Ah thank you, that is good to know which I haven't seen in other posts or youtube videos on this.

Yes there is a sticker but it's one of those removable ones that come all over the drone when it is brand new so I'm sure most people peel it off which is why we didn't see any in the review videos.

Yes there is a sticker but it's one of those removable ones that come all over the drone when it is brand new so I'm sure most people peel it off which is why we didn't see any in the review videos.

Yep I think that's true....

I left mine on. I kind of like it for some reason, plus re-sale down the road (not that I'm planning on it or anything, I love this thing).

IMG_0508.jpg

Mine also had it on the outside of the box which was a nice surprise. The sticker on mine was REALLY crooked so I pulled it off and stuck it back on but I'm not sure it's going to stay there.

Reactions: Air_Deo
No, I'll probably get mine at some point next week. How about you?
I haven’t order yet...
I’m not sure where I should order, Dji official website or others, such as Apple. I read posts on Dji’s forum That someone order from dji’s website but still waiting for shipping...

Mine also had it on the outside of the box which was a nice surprise. The sticker on mine was REALLY crooked so I pulled it off and stuck it back on but I'm not sure it's going to stay there.
I'm thinking of sticking it on the big controller when I get mine.

I haven’t order yet...
I’m not sure where I should order, Dji official website or others, such as Apple. I read posts on Dji’s forum That someone order from dji’s website but still waiting for shipping...
Actually my order says estimated delivery date is this Friday! I ordered only from DJI to avoid the tax ... I've dealt with them before on my Spark and MA1. My only concern would be that if you have any issues, a local retailer would most likely be quicker to respond to your Q&A or returns. I was thinking of buying local but all the retailers I was looking at in Canada were saying preorder would be live on the May 15 (Friday last week) ... when I checked on that day, most were sold out except Amazon. Figured DJI straight, especially since I have history with them.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: PDDTheCircle
Actually my order says estimated delivery date is this Friday! I ordered only from DJI to avoid the tax ... I've dealt with them before on my Spark and MA1. My only concern would be that if you have any issues, a local retailer would most likely be quicker to respond to your Q&A or returns. I was thinking of buying local but all the retailers I was looking at in Canada were saying preorder would be live on the May 15 (Friday last week) ... when I checked on that day, most were sold out except Amazon. Figured DJI straight, especially since I have history with them.

Hope this helps.

I got mine from Canada Computers on May 15th, they had stock in two Toronto area stores, reserved and did curbside pick up an hour later.

I got mine from Canada Computers on May 15th, they had stock in two Toronto area stores, reserved and did curbside pick up an hour later.
Awesome, I checked their stock and they do have it available. Lol, they totally slipped my mind. Congrats buddy, the next few days look good to fly in GTA area!

Works well. I was flying the other day when I received verbal warning about an aircraft in the area. Flew over soon thereafter.

Hi! So I can confirm that the version that was shipped to Canada has the ADS-B. I am in Vancouver, BC and I ordered from DJI - no sales tax or customs were charged so, for Canadians this would probably be the cheapest option.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, MA2 is very popular, they gone really fast. There is a Dji store close to my place, I am hoping they will re-open in the near future, then I can take a look of they demo drone. I’m thinking get mine in early June, hopefully less rain at that time :)

Did you purchase the dji care refresh?

Hi! So I can confirm that the version that was shipped to Canada has the ADS-B. I am in Vancouver, BC and I ordered from DJI - no sales tax or customs were charged so, for Canadians this would probably be the cheapest option.
Yeah, I just got mine today on Sunday afternoon. It does have the ADS-B sticker on the box. Give or take it seems like anywhere between 1 to 1.5 week delivery. For me the wait time, versus getting it instantanously at a retailer store isn't a huge deal ... saving $150+ in taxes though is.

Yeah, MA2 is very popular, they gone really fast. There is a Dji store close to my place, I am hoping they will re-open in the near future, then I can take a look of they demo drone. I’m thinking get mine in early June, hopefully less rain at that time :)

Did you purchase the dji care refresh?
Yeah I purchased the DJI care refresh ... I've learned my lesson with previous drones though, and it has made me a better pilot because of some of the stupid (and costly) mistakes I've done in the past with a spark, and one MA1. The 1 year coverage of 2 replacements ($69USD for first & $99USD for second) makes it worthwhile; you still have to send them the damaged drone though.

Reactions: PDDTheCircle
Yeah, I just got mine today on Sunday afternoon. It does have the ADS-B sticker on the box. Give or take it seems like anywhere between 1 to 1.5 week delivery. For me the wait time, versus getting it instantanously at a retailer store isn't a huge deal ... saving $150+ in taxes though is.
Nice to hear that! I’ll get mine next week!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu