DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CHECKING: ADS-B Model?

The real sure-fire way to tell is just the model number (assuming the sticker has fallen off and you dont have the box anymore).

ADS-B model is MA2UE3W (or the 3W model)
Non ADS-B is MA2UE1N (or the 1N model)

Sticker with model number is in the battery compartment as always.

So are you sticking with you plan to get at the dedicated DJI retail store? Yeah I have one here too nearby me. Where in Canada are you?
No... I don’t know when is the Dji store gonna open, so I’ll get it from Dji’s website. I’m in Toronto.

Hi, I'm from Brazil. I've bought a Mavic Air 2 and it's awesome! The model number is the 3W, but it didn't come with the ADS-B sticker on its leg. I've read somewhere that the Brazilian version would have the ADS-B hardware, but the software wouldn't have the Airsense to show nearby airplanes... Is it possible this to be true? How does this really work? Airsense and ADS-B...

I'm from Brazil too. The Brazilian market version comes with adb-s. I tryed spoofing my location into US, then airsense options is displayed on menu and map. But when drone acquires GPS signal airsense disappears. The hardware exists but not yet enabled outside US.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200606-113602.jpg
    Screenshot_20200606-113602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: rodolpholemos
It does have the ADS-B sticker on the box.
So it is visible from the retail box? Here in Europe (Germany) first user report that they received an "ADS-B" version, but the model number ("MA2UE3W") is on sticker in the battery compartment, hard to identify before opening the box :oops: And other user report they got the version without ADS-B, so not very consistent at the moment..

Any other way to identify an "ADS-B" equipped MA2? Some European online shops mentioning the "Manufacturer Part Number" MPN

"CP.MA.00000169.01"

whereas the MA2 in the U.S. Apple Store list an MPN

"CP.MA.00000176"

So the "..176" is the number to look for? Maybe you can check your MPN? Would be great here in Europe to know upfront which MPN hints to the ADS-B version before ordering ;)

So it is visible from the retail box? Here in Europe (Germany) first user report that they received an "ADS-B" version, but the model number ("MA2UE3W") is on sticker in the battery compartment, hard to identify before opening the box :oops: And other user report they got the version without ADS-B, so not very consistent at the moment..

Any other way to identify an "ADS-B" equipped MA2? Some European online shops mentioning the "Manufacturer Part Number" MPN

"CP.MA.00000169.01"

whereas the MA2 in the U.S. Apple Store list an MPN

"CP.MA.00000176"

So the "..176" is the number to look for? Maybe you can check your MPN? Would be great here in Europe to know upfront which MPN hints to the ADS-B version before ordering ;)
Did that person buy directly from DJI? I've heard some resellers, especially if you buy on the classifieds, have been not too honest, false advertising maybe.

There is a sticker on the flymore combo inside the cellophane wrap, bottom right corner of box. There is also a sticker or markings on one of the drone's legs with the ADS-B insignia. Lastly it should say on the serial code on the box.

I would just order straight from DJI to ensure you get what you want, or from a major retailer that you can physically see and return.

Did that person buy directly from DJI?
Some ordered directly from DJI, some order from "MediaMarkt" - a big electronic discounter. Others were calling retailers and explicitly asking for an ADS-B version - seems to work as well. And one user reported, he succeeded to return his non-ads-b version in exchange for an ADS-B version: he didn't mention the name, but also a big electronic discounter in Germany.

You mentioned the serial code on the box: may I ask what is the number to look out for? Is it the "MA2UE3W" Model number (printed on the sticker on the bottom right corner), or another code I should check? On the photo in post 27 from andreminoru it explictly states "ADS-B", but not a specific model number?

At the moment all big electronic discounter don't have the fly more combo on stock, but as it should be visible on the box as you described, my plan is now to go directly to the shop as soon as fly more combos are available again.

Some ordered directly from DJI, some order from "MediaMarkt" - a big electronic discounter. Others were calling retailers and explicitly asking for an ADS-B version - seems to work as well. And one user reported, he succeeded to return his non-ads-b version in exchange for an ADS-B version: he didn't mention the name, but also a big electronic discounter in Germany.

You mentioned the serial code on the box: may I ask what is the number to look out for? Is it the "MA2UE3W" Model number (printed on the sticker on the bottom right corner), or another code I should check? On the photo in post 27 from andreminoru it explictly states "ADS-B", but not a specific model number?

At the moment all big electronic discounter don't have the fly more combo on stock, but as it should be visible on the box as you described, my plan is now to go directly to the shop as soon as fly more combos are available again.
In the Netherlands we have now also the MA2UE3W model number (mediamarkt) i think that this is the new batch with ADS-B hardware built in

None of those model number matches mine ... I have the fly more combo, so I have this:

Mfr. Part Number: CP.MA.00000167
UPC or EAN No.: 190021016132

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightrider619