DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Karoo, South Africa

Big Sky

Reactions
Hi all, first time drone pilot from the karoo, South Africa. I am a livestock farmer farming in a difficult mountainous semi-desert environment. After seeing a friend on mine demo his MP recently, I was sold on the utility a drone has on the farm. So I take delivery of my MPP tomorrow, then plenty of learning and practice so I can put it to work.

Look forward to learning from you all here.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all, first time drone pilot from the karoo, South Africa. I am a livestock farmer farming in a difficult mountainous semi-desert environment. After seeing a friend on mine demo his MP recently, I was sold on the utility a drone has on the farm. So I take delivery of my MPP tomorrow, then plenty of learning and practice so I can put it to work.

Howdy from Wyoming @Big Sky , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome

I am down on the west coast near langebaan. Also using a mpp on the farm, very handy tool.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks guys, looking forward to some flying time soon. @Koelkop: I'd be interested in some feedback from you regarding your applications on the farm.

Lekker om 'n ander boertjie hier raak te loop :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome from Canada to Mavic Pilots!
And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had so take your time and look around and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do with your Mavic, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have and remember the search tool is a great resource to see who may have had a similar issue or may offer a great tip.
Enjoy your day and happy flying :)

Thanks guys, looking forward to some flying time soon. @Koelkop: I'd be interested in some feedback from you regarding your applications on the farm.

Lekker om 'n ander boertjie hier raak te loop :)

@Big Sky ek gebruik dit om te kyk by die ooie wat lam op die oomblik, minder steurend as om met n voertuig te gaan kyk. En dan ook om beeste op te spoor in veld wat so mens hoogte staan. Werk ook lekker om te kyk wie werk en wie wag vir tjaila tyd:D

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your MPP. Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome guys. So I picked up the MPP today. Had a few issues from the supplier but these will be sorted out. Biggest issue is the iPad Mini can not be supplied. Don't ask, this is Africa. I'll use my Samsung phone in the meantime. Not ideal but it'll help me get a feel.

So plenty of learning going on, pushing of buttons and fitting stuff together, batteries being charged, packaging lying all over.

Looking forward to starting everything up later.

@Big Sky ek gebruik dit om te kyk by die ooie wat lam op die oomblik, minder steurend as om met n voertuig te gaan kyk. En dan ook om beeste op te spoor in veld wat so mens hoogte staan. Werk ook lekker om te kyk wie werk en wie wag vir tjaila tyd:D
Ja, min of meer hoe ek hom ook wil aanwend. Wil hom ook gebruik om my Wi-Fi en selfoon antennas te gaan nagaan. Hulle is bo in die Sneeuberge, dis meer as 'n uur se ry soentoe. die MPP sal my baie spaar.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD