DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checking in from Tallahassee

matlaw850

Reactions
Hey Folks,

I'm the proud owner of my first UAV - a Mavic Air. I've had it up three times now and fully realize how much I have to learn. Not the least of which is (effectively) punching out of RTH on a low battery warning - DOH!

On my last flight I was in my yard when RTH kicked in and took it directly up into a tree. Again, and again and again. It sounded like someone was up in the canopy with a weed whacker! Finally, with the controller wailing away at me, I got out of RTH and set it down safely.

Gotta say, I'm really impressed with the durability. The blades were seriously scratched up and there was pollen all over the unit but otherwise she seems good to go.

I find the included DJI booklets to be a starting point but largely inefficient at educating a rookie on the finer points of drone piloting. Do y'all recommend any simulators, tutorials, etc where I can better understand the in's & out's and perhaps practice flying?

I did purchase the Refresh Care (or whatever they call it) but would rather not use it. At least not this soon into my flight career - lol!

Thank you Kindly,

Matt

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Happy birthday!
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Reactions: matlaw850
Hey Folks,

I'm the proud owner of my first UAV - a Mavic Air. I've had it up three times now and fully realize how much I have to learn. Not the least of which is (effectively) punching out of RTH on a low battery warning - DOH!

On my last flight I was in my yard when RTH kicked in and took it directly up into a tree. Again, and again and again. It sounded like someone was up in the canopy with a weed whacker! Finally, with the controller wailing away at me, I got out of RTH and set it down safely.

Gotta say, I'm really impressed with the durability. The blades were seriously scratched up and there was pollen all over the unit but otherwise she seems good to go.

I find the included DJI booklets to be a starting point but largely inefficient at educating a rookie on the finer points of drone piloting. Do y'all recommend any simulators, tutorials, etc where I can better understand the in's & out's and perhaps practice flying?

I did purchase the Refresh Care (or whatever they call it) but would rather not use it. At least not this soon into my flight career - lol!

Thank you Kindly,

Matt
Howdy from Wyoming @matlaw850 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Here are some items you might find useful:

Welcome to Mavicpilots. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

I buy, sell and repair DJI products and accessories and also teach people how to fly.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000