DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Checklists you would like to share

laurent45

Reactions
Hi All
I am about to make my 1st flight with the MM2.
I saw a small checklist in the User Manual.
I was wondering if some of you have some excel or Word checklist, I could reuse and print and tick at each flight.
Thanks so much in advance

Reactions: DaveLewin
It doesn't require that much complexity before each and every flight. Just jot down the common sense things like checking the UAV weather report, watching out for obstacles, especially wires, keeping your height above buildings, trees and power lines, be sure you're where you should be on the map. The drone will tell you if it needs a calibration. Make sure you've set your RTH preferences. Keep your first several flights, for days even, just near you. Learn how to navigate. Remember when it flies toward you the right stick control is opposite. Try to land always with the drone facing away, not toward you so you can control it easy and not hit something. It's habit and knowledge, just like driving a car. If you go thru too much confusion with a long spreadsheet you won't have much battery left to fly.

Hi All
I am about to make my 1st flight with the MM2.
I saw a small checklist in the User Manual.
I was wondering if some of you have some excel or Word checklist, I could reuse and print and tick at each flight.
Thanks so much in advance
As a long time manned aircraft pilot I applaud you wanting to have a checklist. The color checklist above is one that is available for purchase and I personally would not support ripping it off - bad drone Karma!!

There is a company Aerial Guide that has courses and the following is a link to their website They offer a free guide to a MA2 and a suggested checklist download. It is NOT for a MM2 but it would be a good starting guide that you can personalize to the MM2. The best checklist is one you will "actually use" and is in format and order that is functional. You should know the full meaning of every item on the checklist. It is not a TO DO to mechanically read but is an orderly method of making sure nothing is missed. DO NOT have lots of things in there that you will not use. Only functional items that are important for you and that you will do each time. In other words I suggest with other guidance including DJI and from the attached Aerial Guide download, and input from forum members that you make your own. I start with the "at home items" TFR check, Weather check Batteries, Firmware etc Updates etc etc. A list of items to have with you checklist - drone (ha ha), landing pad (if you use one), all docs if you are on a 107 mission etc etc. Begin flight checklist and do not forget to have a Post Flight checklist. Eventually I will memorize them but I made a page that has the light codes....flashing this and solid that....I use 5 1/2 x 8 protective sleeves with a ring clamp at the top left hole

Many will scoff and say "just fire that baby up and fly!" If that works for them then do it. Again, in the manned aircraft world that is called "an accident waiting to happen". Oh and checklists, in my humble opinion, are NOT just for new pilots. Complacency kills or in the drone world it wrecks a cool and expensive aircraft.

Good job on wanting and using a checklist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: makneyse
NOTHING was ripped off and the thing is perhaps by some gold-digger for sale but, you just check this link:

NOTHING was ripped off and the thing is perhaps by some gold-digger for sale but, you just check this link:

Actually it looks like
I stand corrected. The color checklist shown via your link says there is a free download. It also has a link to a laminated one for sale. So no gold digger nor ripped off. CLackey in that same link has other checklist options. I stand by my comments to create your own based on your needs. It should include the steps "you" will go through and not a prepared checklist by someone else.

Thanks to all of you @NH RE BROKER, @WJbdB, @ netfolks2000
for having spent the time to answer. I will compile all your inputs
Everyone has input and some can be blatently wrong but most times it is just a different valid approach to the same issue. My bottom-line is based on 37 years of flying and instructing. 1) Develop a checklist that works for you. 2) "USE IT". I already know you are safety conscious!

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Also please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, Check list available,
landing tips, safety tips, how to prevent a crash. Fly safe.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM