DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chernobyl

My Russian born wife was married to an engineer who worked for the USSRs atomic energy agency. The day after the melt down he flew to Chernobyl and did a low level helicopter inspection of the reactor. He died a few months later of cancer as a result the radiation dose.
Wow!!!

Reactions: warburtonc
Normally, I would say 7 minutes of drone video is WAY too long... I watched every second of that one. Stunningly good.

I have a strangely metallic taste in my mouth now.

• Haha
All,

I wanted to share a video I put together from my trip to Chernobyl this past July. It's seven minutes and shot with my Mavic 2 Pro. Amazing experience! I'm rather new to post processing video so ANY feedback and/or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Shot with a Mavic 2 Pro.

Chris
I think this might be the most sad yet interesting drone video I've ever watched. I don't care about any technicalities, for me it's an excellent video that captures the sadness of the whole disaster.

How in the world did you get in there. :oops:
It’s a tourist trap now. “We only take you to the safe area! You’ll only glow in the dark for a while! ?”. My daughter visited it while visiting her software developers
There.

All,

I wanted to share a video I put together from my trip to Chernobyl this past July. It's seven minutes and shot with my Mavic 2 Pro. Amazing experience! I'm rather new to post processing video so ANY feedback and/or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Shot with a Mavic 2 Pro.

Chris
It's amazing how the trees and plant life in the water is not impacted at all but yet humans can't live there.

Great video! Very nicely done and kept my attention all the way through.

The location is actually the ghost city of Prypiat. It along with the reactor suffered the worst of it.

All,

Chris
Your editing looks great, the only tip I would give is that some of your shots could use ND filters.... they are a bit jittery due to the exposure/frame rate.

Awesome clip! :)

Hauntingly beautiful, both the video and the music.
Thanks for sharing.
It is absolutely amazing how Mother Nature has taken over this fairly large city in such a short period of time.
I read that scientists the world over are actively studying the decay process. I noticed in the video that there were several building starting to collapse already. In another 100 years there may be virtually no buildings left standing.
A sobering thought for sure.
:eek:

Seeing all the trees growing on the roof tops and balconies was surreal. Looks like that's the thing that may cause the most damage as the roots pry the building material apart enough to get them leaking, weak, and crumbling. So sad to see all that real estate, and the man-hours/material used to build it, be forsaken.

How drone-friendly was the group you were with? I ask because of a recent experience of taking a tour specially aimed at photographers. Two of us had drones with us: the other ten objected strongly (noise, unspecified disturbance, etc.). Many of your beautiful shots must have taken time to set up. Whenever my pal and I got our drones out the remainder of the group suggested we move on.
I thought drones were "cameras in the sky" until this experience. It seems that many "photographers" have yet to get hold of that concept.

In a word; chilling! A very poignant video production and terrifying to envisage the chaos and tragedy during and after the Reactor Meltdown. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Wow! Very nice and impressive!

Did I see you standing on top of the building on 2:30 in the video? Was it safe and easy to get on top of this building?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S