DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Chile-group 5 Valparaiso

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Valparaíso is a port city on Chile’s coast with a population of about 300,000. It's known for its steep funiculars and colorful, clifftop homes. There is massive congestion throughout the city and steep (60 degrees often) streets climbing to the tops of hills, and tumbling down to the port. I freely flew the drone there from both high and low take off areas without a single complaint from anyone. I am nearing the end of assembling my assets for the Chile video, but I think it still will be about a month off from now. In the meantime, I am submtting some drone images from my trusty Mavic 2 Pro. All images have been edited with Adobe Photoshop, especially using the masking tool.

Click on the image to enlarge it.

Sorry if there are some repeats.

Dale
Miami
Hillside-.jpgHomes on hillside-closeup.jpgHomes on hillsie-close up-2.jpgrooftops.jpgValparaiso-center-harbor drone view.jpgValparaiso-drone vciew-looking north.jpgValparaiso-drone view to harbor.jpgValparaiso-center-harbor drone view.jpgValparaiso-drone vciew-looking north.jpgValparaiso-drone view to harbor.jpgValparaiso-drone view to the north.jpgValparaiso-drone view-city and bay.jpgValparaiso-looing up the hill-drone view.jpgValparaiso-Southwest drone view.jpgValparasio-drone view up hill 2.jpgValpariaso-northward to cranes-drone.jpgi

Attachments

• Valparaiso-hillside looking up .jpg
    Valparaiso-hillside looking up .jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Dale: shot 17 near the red house surely it's an architectural feature and not an observatory!!
You've got some great stuff to zoom in and pore over from work sites to 'interesting' staircases (would love to see the Council Regs/Building Code). Not sure about the cement mixer on the roof (bottom left pic 6) but think I have too much time on my hands.

Dale: shot 17 near the red house surely it's an architectural feature and not an observatory!!
You've got some great stuff to zoom in and pore over from work sites to 'interesting' staircases (would love to see the Council Regs/Building Code). Not sure about the cement mixer on the roof (bottom left pic 6) but think I have too much time on my hands.
Sky Wombat:
Sorry, but could not identify the red house you mentioned, but rest assureds, I am now reaching the end of my first round of editing for Chile view and my Assets Folder has 127 GB of data!!!

Bill Dunnick:
And, no, I did not get to Vina Del Mar, the upscale part of Valparaiso. We only had a half days tour which the guide kindly turned into a 3/4 day tour and that was not enough to cover what we saw.

Valparaiso was a real surprise to both my wife and me. Because of our frequent flyer tickets on American, we had to use up two free days in Santiago before our flight, so we used one day for the wine country, and one day for Valparaiso. I was shocked at the beauty, and the imagery of Valparaiso. Easily enough for a full day or more or sightseeing.

Dale

Valparaíso is a port city on Chile’s coast with a population of about 300,000. It's known for its steep funiculars and colorful, clifftop homes. There is massive congestion throughout the city and steep (60 degrees often) streets climbing to the tops of hills, and tumbling down to the port. I freely flew the drone there from both high and low take off areas without a single complaint from anyone. I am nearing the end of assembling my assets for the Chile video, but I think it still will be about a month off from now. In the meantime, I am submtting some drone images from my trusty Mavic 2 Pro. All images have been edited with Adobe Photoshop, especially using the masking tool.

Click on the image to enlarge it.

Sorry if there are some repeats.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 147497View attachment 147498View attachment 147499View attachment 147500View attachment 147501View attachment 147502View attachment 147503View attachment 147501View attachment 147502View attachment 147503View attachment 147504View attachment 147505View attachment 147507View attachment 147508View attachment 147509View attachment 147510i
Hey Dr. Dale! More vivid photos here, especially those with upward views of the slope. I wondered if your Photoshop edits including color grading. One side note: I've always wondered why working class people tend to live on mountain sides in most South American countries while only the wealthy can afford to live on the mountain sides in the U.S.; e.g., San Francisco, Malibu, the Hollywood Hills, etc.

When we lived in Santiago we frequently had breakfast or lunch on the beach in Vina Del Mar then skiing in Portillo in the mountains in the afternoon and back to Santiago for dinner. Pretty cool. Love Chile.

Hey Dr. Dale! More vivid photos here, especially those with upward views of the slope. I wondered if your Photoshop edits including color grading. One side note: I've always wondered why working class people tend to live on mountain sides in most South American countries while only the wealthy can afford to live on the mountain sides in the U.S.; e.g., San Francisco, Malibu, the Hollywood Hills, etc.
Dean-Thanks for the respective title, but you can drop the Dr. title. I am retired, and this is an informal forum.

I do not do official color grading as such, which is a new feature of Adobe Photoshop. But through the years I have learned to use the long existing tools to accentuate the colors. I mostly use Adobe Camera RAW, and after that, usually I am finished.
Here is a screen shot-click on it to enlarge.

Dale

Attachments

• Camera RAW.jpg
    Camera RAW.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 3
Dean-Thanks for the respective title, but you can drop the Dr. title. I am retired, and this is an informal forum.

I do not do official color grading as such, which is a new feature of Adobe Photoshop. But through the years I have learned to use the long existing tools to accentuate the colors. I mostly use Adobe Camera RAW, and after that, usually I am finished.
Here is a screen shot-click on it to enlarge.

Dale
In the case of Valparaiso's working class people living on the mountainsides, , it is all hilly, so there is very little flat land for anyone despite the class differences, I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian