DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Chinese satellite's first in line for GPS lock?

Greenlantern

Reactions
Methinks Chinese satellite's are first in line for GPS lock now. Perhaps this is why it is taking so long for a lock? (I am a Mavic 3 owner in Ireland)

A recent swop from GLONASS to BEIDOU might be why it takes longer than usual to obtain a decent amount of satellite lock.....??

Reactions: db4476
But apparently this issue didn’t exist until the December FW update. So I’m not sure how much water this theory holds.

A recent swop from GLONASS to BEIDOU might be why it takes longer than usual to obtain a decent amount of satellite lock.....??
I doubt that's the reason ...

Both GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO & BEIDOU have global coverage nowadays ... here below how they are placed & spread right now ... check it here --> Live World Map of Satellite Positions

1643550121617.png

I’ve noticed the issue on the M3 since release date, when I updated the firmware I noticed no improvement.
Gotcha. I’ve never experienced the issue on my M3 (knock on wood), but I know a lot of others here have indicated that they didn’t have problems until after the December update. Definitely a strange issue.

Reactions: dtp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1