DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choosing drones

hahaha....how long have you had your drone for? do you find it scary to damage the gimble?
I have had mine for over a year without any gimbal problems. Just tape some ribbon on the gimbal lock so you do not forget to remove it. I also have it on when changing/adjusting a filter. Just be gentle with it and you should have no problems.

No, I'm not concerned with the gimbal at all. If you use common sense, it would pretty difficult to crash a MP. Don't fly in tight spots, stay above the tallest object around you, don't fly in high wind, etc, and you are good to go. I rarely fly backwards, so there's no concern there. I usually tool around @200-300', so trees and cell towers are no issue. If the wind is 18-20+mph, I'll fly another time. I really don't worry too much about crashing, I make sure everything is set where I want/had things, once confirmed, off I go with no worries...Get the MP, for 35 bucks, you get to fly higher/father, have longer battery life, and an aircraft that is proven reliable. LOL I have to admit, I'm shaking my head in disbelief that you'd pass up the MP for an extra 35 bucks, over some fear of it being a couple years or so old.

Reactions: orbayburak
No, I'm not concerned with the gimbal at all. If you use common sense, it would pretty difficult to crash a MP. Don't fly in tight spots, stay above the tallest object around you, don't fly in high wind, etc, and you are good to go. I rarely fly backwards, so there's no concern there. I usually tool around @200-300', so trees and cell towers are no issue. If the wind is 18-20+mph, I'll fly another time. I really don't worry too much about crashing, I make sure everything is set where I want/had things, once confirmed, off I go with no worries...Get the MP, for 35 bucks, you get to fly higher/father, have longer battery life, and an aircraft that is proven reliable. LOL I have to admit, I'm shaking my head in disbelief that you'd pass up the MP for an extra 35 bucks, over some fear of it being a couple years or so old.

Money is not the buying factor. its more like buying something that is more travel friendly. does MP grabs more attention?

I have both e Mavic Pro and a Mavic Air in Flame Red.
Money is not the buying factor. its more like buying something that is more travel friendly. does MP grabs more attention?

Attention as in more noticeable?

I have both the Pro and the Air, the MA is louder and sounds more like a high-pitched weedwhacker. The MP has the option for using the MPP propellers that are 40% quieter (as claimed).

I have both e Mavic Pro and a Mavic Air in Flame Red.

Attention as in more noticeable?

I have both the Pro and the Air, the MA is louder and sounds more like a high-pitched weedwhacker. The MP has the option for using the MPP propellers that are 40% quieter (as claimed).

between the two that you have, which one do you like better? or maybe better its not the right word. which one do you see yourself using more often.

between the two that you have, which one do you like better? or maybe better its not the right word. which one do you see yourself using more often.

I use the Mavic Pro more. I like the stability of it when it is windy and the controller with the display is something I miss when I switch to flying the Air.

The Air is good for travel which I will be taking it when I go to Switzerland. But I do not travel much anymore (I want to buy drones instead)

It depends on your point of use, since both are almost the same price now.

I use the Mavic Pro more. I like the stability of it when it is windy and the controller with the display is something I miss when I switch to flying the Air.

The Air is good for travel which I will be taking it when I go to Switzerland. But I do not travel much anymore (I want to buy drones instead)

It depends on your point of use, since both are almost the same price now.

I travel few times a year, so for me MA seems to be the better choice.

Reactions: c5chris1
You know, the prices are not that much different. I'd say just buy the one that gets it in your hands the fastest.

I bought my first drone last February. It was an Inspire 2. It's awesome. Then I bought a Mavic Platinum last week. I'm in love all over again. What an amazing craft the Mavic is. So, stop obsessing and "Just Do It."

You know, the prices are not that much different. I'd say just buy the one that gets it in your hands the fastest.

I bought my first drone last February. It was an Inspire 2. It's awesome. Then I bought a Mavic Platinum last week. I'm in love all over again. What an amazing craft the Mavic is. So, stop obsessing and "Just Do It."

I will buy it. just dueling over MA vs MP. it's tough decision. why did you go with MP?

@DJPedram

I chose MP for flight time primarily and secondarily for less noise.

would you buy Refurbished DJI Mavic Pro from DJI for $799 or $799 Mavic Air

a) MAVIC Air (DJI website) - $1025 CAD + TAX (1drone + 1 battery)
[https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=38981]

b) MAVIC AIR (Bestbuy) $1079 CAD + TAX (1drone + 1 battery)
[https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dj ... 18800.aspx?]

c) MAVIC PRO (Costco) $1149 CAD + TAX (1drone + 1 battery + controller, battery charger, 16 GB MicroSD card, backpack and propeller guards ) - single battery
[https://www.costco.ca/DJI-Mavic-Pro-Aer ... 90812.html]

d) MAVIC PRO (Bestbuy) $1149 + TAX (1drone + 1 batter + 1 additional battery + controller)
[https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/dj ... 09570.aspx?]

looks like Mavic has longer battery life, but doesn't have some of the feature of Pro.
I found a Mavic Pro for $450 including everything and also an extra case. Really good deal at first glance. When I got the drone, the gimbal was broken. I fixed it by replacing a gimbal ribbon ($10), and it was still a good deal. I would look for used equiptment if I were you.

I found a Mavic Pro for $450 including everything and also an extra case. Really good deal at first glance. When I got the drone, the gimbal was broken. I fixed it by replacing a gimbal ribbon ($10), and it was still a good deal. I would look for used equiptment if I were you.

how come I dont see these deals.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh