DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy audio while streaming using DJI Fly

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Today I decided to test the new live streaming feature on the DJI Fly app.
I set everything up, did 1 hour of flying while streaming, then came back home and noticed that the audio is choppy as hell.

I am using an iPhone 11 pro and its onboard mics, so it's not a horsepower issue. Also, I was on LTE and had full signal strength during the entire length of the video.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

This is the sample stream:

Reactions: hiflyer201
Interesting place but the video lacked quality. Could be my equipment. I watched it in 1080. Was that the live streaming image? I have no idea how that works..hope you get some answers from others. We'll both learn something.

Yeah. I noticed that after finishing flying. I did do 1080@2mbps, but the livestream quality was dismal.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I tried connecting an external lavalier mic, but the audio seems to have some kind of interference.

Yeah. Latest Fly app version, 1.5.9, still didn't fix the issue

Most likely a bug in DJI's code. We fixed a similar bug we had in Litchi recently, recent iOS devices have a 48khz native sample rate for the microphone and I am guessing DJI Fly's code expects 44.1khz like Litchi did

Reactions: Korrd
Does DJI provide any feedback loop so we can report this, other than the forums?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom