DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas flying and current events

Tbredhed

Reactions
How many are rethinking their decision to bring a drone on there Christmas holiday?

I'm going to Toronto for Christmas and was going to take my MPP with me and do a flight or two in a park close to my in-laws house. In light of the recent, I'm going to call it an attack, I'm rethinking whether I'll bring it with me. I'm just thinking with everyone's heightened awareness right now I may be opening myself up to some harassment and possibly having to talk to police.

Just my 2 cents still haven't decided one way or the other.
Cheers

Haha love British slang although not sure what betta is.

Not scared it's more to do with I know myself and if someone was to really get in my face over flying I wouldn't back down and it would go south quickly, and who needs that at Christmas?

Just take it, you’ll regret it if you didn’t. I’m gonna still take mine until I get told i can’t but I do know where you’re coming from though. I think we all might be a bit paranoid now;)

I think it might be like that while flying now especially where there’s people about:oops:

Take it! Fly it!

Your intent is not to shut down airports and instead to get some great footage of the area.

No need to get emotional. Just ask them what laws or statutes they are citing that prohibits you from flying in the area. 9 out of 10 people that may approach you and tell you that flying is prohibited dont know the difference between the law and recommendations.

If by chance you run into that 1 out of 10. Just indicate that you will need to research that law.

Then offer thanks for the information and make the decision to continue to fly or land.

Its not about backing down its about maintaining a "civil" discussion.

Take it! Fly it!

Your intent is not to shut down airports and instead to get some great footage of the area.

No need to get emotional. Just ask them what laws or statutes they are citing that prohibits you from flying in the area. 9 out of 10 people that may approach you and tell you that flying is prohibited dont know the difference between the law and recommendations.

If by chance you run into that 1 out of 10. Just indicate that you will need to research that law.

Then offer thanks for the information and make the decision to continue to fly or land.

Its not about backing down its about maintaining a "civil" discussion.
If I was going to be within 50 miles or so of Gatwick I have to admit I would not fly. But I won't be so it is business as usual.

Reactions: BD0G
I haven't been flying while this has been going, but it's been weather that has kept me out of the skies rather than any intense levels of public hatred :)
We might feel a little uncomfortable setting up in the more public places where we fly for a while, but we have to get over that, keep flying and defending our hobby and our right to continue doing it safely...

How many are rethinking their decision to bring a drone on there Christmas holiday?

I'm going to Toronto for Christmas and was going to take my MPP with me and do a flight or two in a park close to my in-laws house. In light of the recent, I'm going to call it an attack, I'm rethinking whether I'll bring it with me. I'm just thinking with everyone's heightened awareness right now I may be opening myself up to some harassment and possibly having to talk to police.

Just my 2 cents still haven't decided one way or the other.
Cheers
which attack are you on about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG