DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas survivors

Bob1956

Reactions
It was said that a new WW I pilot had a survival rate of three weeks after reporting to the front. It's been a month since the "Bloody Holidays". How many good, sweet Mini's, Mavic's and Air's were lost those first weeks, How many flew into the New Year?

No issues here. I fly at least once a week with it. But I’ll be the first to admit that I am conservative. I never fly when the wind is over 30 mph. I never go farther than 3.823 miles out. And the sun and/or moon is always visible. ?

Reactions: Nautidawg
I don’t get to fly very often as I live rural but commute to another city. Where I stay there is too close to a major airport . Since my experience is low I tend to stay well above the trees . Videos aren’t exciting but I haven’t any close calls either. Followed the rail road tracks for a mile when I first got mavic last spring and haven’t been half that far since. Haven’t tried night flying but I did fly at dusk once. First and only time I could actually see the Mavic’s running lights. Very pretty

I'm conservative with my drone as well and prefer to keep it safe, I've not flown much over the Christmas as it's been wet and windy. A bit overcast and windy today but managed to get the shot I was wanting and landed the drone without issue.

No issues here. I fly at least once a week with it. But I’ll be the first to admit that I am conservative. I never fly when the wind is over 30 mph. I never go farther than 3.823 miles out. And the sun and/or moon is always visible. ?

According to DJI the Mini can only handle winds up to 18mph, so I suspect you'll join the club pretty soon ;)

My Mini is flown nearly every day, with the exception of windy conditions. My increased confidence has me flying over water quite a bit. I owe its survival on advice gleaned from this forum. Without the advice, as well as the myriad what-not-to-do stories, I can only imagine how I would’ve flown otherwise.

I’ve flown and crashed a couple RC fixed wings and helicopters, so I’d be afraid my over-confidence with flying an easier-to-fly quadcopter would cause a spectacular crash or a very dramatic burial at sea (automated landing).

3823 miles out is some pretty good range for sure! I haven't got that good of range yet. :)
One of these times you'll hit RTH and it will fly to China.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Use some common sense when deciding to fly the Mavic Mini and you’ll have it till it falls apart. Flying in adverse conditions, about 3 minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ