DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Cinematic Landscape Drone Footage

Rhett Mullen

Reactions
Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the drone videography/photography space and I recently started my own YouTube channel. Below is attached on of my drone videos if you guys could watch and critique that would be much appreciated!!! (Video was shot with the DJI Mini 2)

Thanks so much,

Rhett Mullen

P.S. Sorry the video is vertical I posted it as a YouTube short

Nothing cinematic about shooting in an upright position. Never do that again. ALWAYS shoot in landscape camera position. Still shots can be either landscape or upright but never video.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
True. Cinematic video is always in landscape mode. However, I know that some social media outlets use vertical. I personally think vertical is stupid. We don't see the world with our eyes in a narrow, vertical FOV but everything these days is geared to our phones. I also assume the video is very short because of social media. My only real critique is, you were doing a nice move downward showing a dead, white tree in contrast to the lush, green trees around there, then suddenly you jerked to the left. Remember to keep all movements smooth. That is more cinematic. Good luck with the channel.

Reactions: Rhett Mullen
Even if you think today's stuff is geared to our phones, ALL phone users have the ability to turn their phones sideways, for a wide view image.

Nothing cinematic about shooting in an upright position. Never do that again. ALWAYS shoot in landscape camera position. Still shots can be either landscape or upright but never video.
Thanks for the feedback! the only reason it’s vertical is because when I posted it to YouTube it posted as a Short and Shorts are vertical

Reactions: Cymruflyer
True. Cinematic video is always in landscape mode. However, I know that some social media outlets use vertical. I personally think vertical is stupid. We don't see the world with our eyes in a narrow, vertical FOV but everything these days is geared to our phones. I also assume the video is very short because of social media. My only real critique is, you were doing a nice move downward showing a dead, white tree in contrast to the lush, green trees around there, then suddenly you jerked to the left. Remember to keep all movements smooth. That is more cinematic. Good luck with the channel.
Thanks so much for the feedback!!

Thanks for the feedback! the only reason it’s vertical is because when I posted it to YouTube it posted as a Short and Shorts are vertical
Ahhh, so you shot it in landscape but You Tube chopped it into a vertical. I'm assuming you lost the side bits that it cut off then. Now I understand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa