DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clarity on Rules Regarding Private Property

If you run into a cranky landowner, makes for a good story and 99% aren’t going to know “case law” or “statute” :)

Reactions: Rangerider
It doesn't and that's the point. From the beginning of time until recently, a good fence was enough.
If you like privacy in your own back yard and now there are people 'peeking' from the sky, then your fence is no longer effective.
Drone pilots lacking ethics and / or flight skills, may hover around low over places where they're not welcome - giving the rest of us a bad name.
I have only had one person express concern about my drone flying along their property line and I explained that their Property Association hired me to get aerial photos of the fence lines, and he said 'Okay' and he walked away.
Ironically, I believe he was one of the homeowners who had pushed his fence several feet beyond his property line into common (reserved) space.

You should "welcome" them to the Twenty-First Century & all the new "technology." Besides, the satellites have been taking pictures in the 1960's where you can read license plates - imagine what they can see now ! ! !

Last edited:
Ethics:
moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.

synonyms:moral code, morals, morality, moral stand, moral principles, moral values, rights and wrongs, principles, ideals, creed, credo, ethos, rules of conduct, standards (of behavior), virtues, dictates of conscience.

First, you can assume that in the mind of the public, a helicopter is an expensive tool and an sUAS is a toy that any jerk can buy - and for many, any time they see one, they assume its a peeping-tom or some other brand of bad guy. I believe that we should all endeavor to reverse that mindset or at least, fly ethically so as to not advance a negative stereotype.
If you truly 'don't get it', if ethics don't influence your behavior, then fly anywhere you feel like including low around stranger's back yards and let me know how that works out for you.
If one day, some unknown jerk without ethics is buzzing around your loved ones in your back yard, just laugh it off - he can do anything he wants.... right? mic-drop.

(did he just call us all "jerks?")

(did he just call us all "jerks?")

That's a bit of a stretch there......trying to "stir the pot" are we?

He called no one a jerk but merely stated any jerk could buy these".... not "only jerks buy these"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov