DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Clear the skies new Pilot!

Close on the name here friend! Find yourself a wide open area and get up above all the drone grabbing trees and have some fun.

Reactions: Abkwasigroh
I was literally shaking my first flight, a whole 20 feet off the ground. Start small , pay close attention to the number of satellites locked on and make sure to get the Home Point Settings right. Most importantly Have Fun.

Reactions: Sky1
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57657

Welcome to the community, one warning in addition to the others above, this does get very addictive! :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

No flying till you hear that the home point has been recorded.
I was literally shaking my first flight, a whole 20 feet off the ground. Start small , pay close attention to the number of satellites locked on and make sure to get the Home Point Settings right. Most importantly Have Fun.
What is the minimum number of satellites I should have to fly safely?

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

The number 12 was mentioned to me some time ago by a DJI rep.

The number 12 was mentioned to me some time ago by a DJI rep.

Was just playing around with the app indoors tonight after work. It would not even come out of Atti and into Position Mode with just 6. It jumped right past 8 to 12 and went into Position within seconds. Knowing that and watching it closely while it idled on the floor, I think 8 would be dangerous if a couple lost signal while flying. 12 sounds like a safer number.

Was scanning the forum while I had my tablet out (always on the phone mostly while on the forum ) and noticed your pic was a dog with two tennis balls. I always seen it as a black cat wearing a top hat with a yellow bowtie. Time to renew my glasses.

Last edited:
Welcome, I just found this spot, got mine about ten days ago, am being real brave, main task so far is doing a good steady hover and a slow 360 L/R. Got my certification being in the states. Also learning about Sensor Calibration, and reading the manual. You WILL enjoy.

When i start mine i wait for the home position to be updated, keeping an eye on the sats but once it tells me its safe to take off i hover for ten fifteen seconds make sure everything is ok, bu that time its normally up to 15 or so anyway.

Hello,

Just updated the firmware on my Air and ready for my first drone flight ever! Great information on this site.
Howdy from Wyoming @Staz , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,

Just updated the firmware on my Air and ready for my first drone flight ever! Great information on this site.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos